WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon Update

Boolit Buddy

Dillon Update

I called Dillon yesterday to check on an order from March 2021. The order was for 40 s&w carbide die set. I was told Dillon had trouble getting materials needed to make the dies. The materials in short supply was the carbide. Expected delivery on my dies would be about one YEAR from date of order.

Boolit Master

In May I ordered a set of carbide 357 sig dies from Dillon , they said 36 weeks .

Boolit Master

I ordered a strong mount and 3 conversion kits yesterday. Got notification they all shipped today.

Boolit Master
    There are a lot of die that work as good or better than Dillon, I use a lot of the new Hornady dies with my 550.

I ordered .45 Colt dies, along with the conversion kit for my 550 on Mar. 31. the conversion kit arrived in less than 10 days. I haven't heard a word from them yet on the dies. In mid January I ordered a set of .38 Spcl/.357 mag dies and they arrived in 6 weeks. I understand that their carbide comes from Israel and they aren't getting any right now.

I ordered a set of steel 308 dies a week or so ago, dies were listed as in stock, not on backorder. My credit card was hit, but never received notification of shipment. I'm assuming they have been shipped since the status went from pending to payment on my CC acct.
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPoint View Post
    I ordered .45 Colt dies, along with the conversion kit for my 550 on Mar. 31. the conversion kit arrived in less than 10 days. I haven't heard a word from them yet on the dies. In mid January I ordered a set of .38 Spcl/.357 mag dies and they arrived in 6 weeks. I understand that their carbide comes from Israel and they aren't getting any right now.
    Yeah, Israel has been a little busy lately

I received my dies yesterday.Happy Happy!
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

Boolit Bub
    I ordered a .380 ACP Conversion Kit, for a Square Deal press. I was told to expect a 24 week delay. Called Thursday, June 24th and was told too now expect a year, from the order date. Cancelled the order and asked for a credit on my card. Credit has not been issued, as of 10:02 tonight.

Boolit Master
    Add me to the list. November of 2020 I ordered an XL750 press, a conversion plate, and a set of carbide 9mm dies. They told me 4-6 months. Press came three months later, conversion kit a month after that. Dies, still waiting. I called them in early June, and they told me I was about a month out. I called them this week, got the good news. It is now twelve to fourteen months from my order date of November, 2020.

Rich

There are Dillon carbide dies on Ebay regularly.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master

I ordered a Mr. Bulletfeeder from them 2-weeks ago and it only took one week to get here.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a conversion kit, toolhead and .44 magnums dies on December 5, 2020. Received everything but the dies in one week. Called on July 19th and was told it might be 20 to 24 weeks more before my dies arrive. Was also told the price of the dies had increased to $125.00 per set. Hello RCBS, Redding or someone else

Boolit Master
    Why is carbide not available? Where is it imported from?
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Why is carbide not available? Where is it imported from?
    There's a global pandemic that has caused supply chain problems. Maybe you weren't aware of it.

If you do a simple search you would find that 85% of it comes from China. There are huge supply chain issues right now with stuff coming from China. Dozens if not hundreds of ships waiting to be unloaded at US ports.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

any Dillon carbide die shipping status updates?

short of making phone calls to Dillon, has there been any change to the unofficial lead times for Dillon carbide die sets? I ordered a set of 9MM on Jan 29, 2021 and status is still 'Pending'. A bit disconcerting that Dillon isn't clearly stating their expected supply/delivery times on their site.

I picked up a set of Lee's to get by with, but still wanting the Dillon set. Good news is it seems the longer it takes the better my order price seems ($79 then vs $129 today).
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

I was in the Dillon Store this past February. The clerk there said that most of their carbide comes from Israel. I ordered a set of Dies on 3/31/21 and haven't recieved them yet. I can't find it now but several months ago their website showed a 65 week lead time, from date of order, for their carbide dies. I guess I'll look for them during July 2022.

I called a few days ago about 9x25 Dillon dies and was told the lead time is TWO YEARS! Not me.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master

Hot Digity Dang

Got my dies TODAY!!! Shipped on 9/21. I gotta say that really surprised me as I missed the 9/21 email notification. I had done one of those online order status things on 9/20. I wonder if that triggered something. At any rate, shy of 8 months is better than 65 weeks or two years.
    Last edited by oley55; 09-23-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy

From Dillon's Order Status page, die set only lead times, just minutes ago:

Pistol Dies - 36 weeks
    Steel Rifle Dies - 10 weeks - some calibers in stock
    Carbide Rifle Dies - 60 weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast