RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, June 16

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, June 16

Good morning all. Today's message is a hard one. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Travel Light

“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.”
    —Philippians 3:12

I don’t know about you, but I always take too much stuff with me when I travel. I have a bag with wheels, and no matter what size it is, I’ll still manage to fill it up. I don’t even need everything I put into it. And then I drag around my bag on wheels.

Some of us are like that in life. We’re just wheeling our burdens around. We take them with us everywhere, but we need to cast those things aside. The Bible tells us to “strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up” (Hebrews 12:1 NLT).

The J. B. Phillips New Testament renders it this way: “Let us strip off everything that hinders us, as well as the sin which dogs our feet.” In other words, we need to cast aside the sin and weight that holds us back.

And sometimes what slows one person down won’t necessarily slow another person down. For instance, some people have a metabolism that allows them to eat anything they want and never gain weight. I don’t have that kind of metabolism. I did when I was in my 20s, but I don’t anymore.

So the weight that slows us down can vary from person to person. But sin is sin, and you know what may dull your spiritual appetite. You know what issues can distract you from your faith. You know what relationship will pull you down spiritually. And you certainly know what God doesn’t want you to be involved in.

Maybe today you’re carrying a lot of weight, and I don’t mean physical weight. I’m talking about burdens, hardships, difficulties, and problems you’re dragging around.

Lay aside the things that are holding you back. And keep your eyes on Jesus.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Mold
    very good, Amen

Boolit Grand Master

And sometimes it's what we perceive as good stuff that we want to hang on to, and not let go. For me it's easy to let go of the unpleasant stuff, it's 'my precious' that trips me up.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, I can relate this to my life today.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    We all have 'baggage' to drag behind us...or at lest we think we do . Give it to GOD by asking for forgiveness . Make amends to anyone you have wronged and move on building your relationship with GOD .
    No turning back , No turning back !