Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Spirit of GOD

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    I love how that we all are parts of the church body, and can come together and share, learn, support one another, and combine our strength and power of the spirit.

I belong to a small group of guys who meet weekly, to share and study the word, our thoughts, and experiences, and our very existence with each other. We have many different skills and knowledge. Our lives with the Lord came from many different directions, and yet we come together as a body with much more power and knowledge than any one of us would have alone.

I think --- I KNOW, that God wants us to come together as a group, to share his spirit, to give and get strength as all parts of a body get strength from the same meal.

I love my little group in my little town, and I love that we can come together here as a group or body and share our Lord. jd
    Your a wise man to seek out new thoughts and thinking . No one man knows it all . No one church has 'everything' right . This Chapel is a rare thing in the internet world . No one is called on to announce his church affiliation . We operate on faith , on working together in prayer , belief , praise and just enjoying one another .

When I joined the forum and found the Chapel I saw a place where people shared their faith , their belief in our Lord . It was opportunity for all to seek prayer for others , give praise to GOD and the very commandment of Christ to love one another .

One of the biggest aspects of this Chapel is to encourage each other in our walk with GOD . To share , to give of ourselves . To hold up GOD as our hope . The Holy Spirit is our helper in that hope .

Romans 15;13

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Well ! Lets jump into the first interaction of the Holy Spirit involving the birth our Lord . Pretty big leap here in our understanding of the Spirit of GOD . This verse gets the ball rolling that leads up to the life of Christ . Emanuel which means 'GOD with us' . The Holy Spirit was there in the beginning .

You know most of us tend to overlook the Holy Spirit . He is in so much of our bible yet seemingly there is little said of it . He exists ! He is part of the Trinity , Father , son and Holy Spirit [or Holy Ghost] . He is the unseen , he does the work of GOD . Indeed , he is part of our GOD .

Lets read Luke 1;26-38

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”

29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”

38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

Well ! I have certainly taken long enough to get back to this thread . Still staying in the New Testament let's read a few verses from Matthew . I'm only going to put up the verse mentioning the Holy Spirit . That seems like taking it out of context but I do it to encourage you to put the verse into context by reading your own bible .

Let's study Matthew 1;18

Matthew 1:18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

Another mention of the Holy Spirit from Matthew .

Matthew 3:11

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew was quoting the words of John the Baptist . John's prediction certainly came true .

A serious warning . Our Lord tells us not to test him in his word but this verse defines the consciences . The Holy Spirt is GOD , GOD does not tolerate blasphemy .

Matthew 12:32

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

I see the hand of GOD every time I look at my children.

Interesting thread, and I have little to add to it. Except to say I live with, talk to the Holy Spirit every day.
    And twice a day when I read these threads the Holy Spirit has found ways to bring some threads to my attention. And others are "Shadowed" If I try to jump into that thread I get "There is nothing you can do here, this thread is going no place good. Stay clear" It is like a wrestling match in a pig pen. There is no way to step into that pen and try to change anything without ended up covered in mud.

Sometimes I think the Holy Spirit takes over my fingers and says things. But how to "Put the Lords Stamp" on it?

Sometimes I think I am not half as good a Christian or person as some of you think I am.
    You are giving me credit for what the Holy Spirit does.

But, fun thread. Don't let me side track it please. Carry on Brothers!
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Do a study of the Greek word "paraclete" for a good understanding of the role of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. A literal translation would be "one who stands beside". There are other shades of meaning in English as well.
    The "shade" that means the most to me is "helper." The Holy Ghost deals with each individual to develop their gift for the greatest benefit of the body.

Matthew 28:19

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Boolit Buddy
    Amen!!!!!!!
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

Mark 1:8

I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Of coarse it was said by John the Baptist . I encourage anyone to read Mark 1 to put the verse into context .

Mark 13:11

But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

It's up to us to have the faith and belief to trust our Lord to speak and work through us .

Lets do a little reading ! John 1;1-3 . Besides being a very good read we again find reference to the Holy Spirit . In some verse John does not 'name' the Spirit but expects you to understand .

John 1;1
    1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

Fellowship with Him and One Another
    5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

If you really want to sort it all out. Read "The Unseen Realm" by Michael Heiser. Its incredible at explaining how the new and old testaments link up. Like the fact that Jesus IS THE WORD referred to in the OT.

Boolit Master
    John 16:5
    Our Lord promises a Comforter:

5But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

16A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Amen

Boolit Master

John 4:24 “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    John 4:24 “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Thank you .

John 1;2

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

The Test of Knowing Him
    3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Their Spiritual State
    12 I write to you, little children,
    Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
    13 I write to you, fathers,
    Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
    I write to you, young men,
    Because you have overcome the wicked one.
    I write to you, little children,
    Because you have known the Father.
    14 I have written to you, fathers,
    Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
    I have written to you, young men,
    Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
    And you have overcome the wicked one.

Do Not Love the World
    15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Deceptions of the Last Hour
    18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Let Truth Abide in You
    24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

The Children of God
    28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

John 1;3

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Sin and the Child of God
    4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

The Imperative of Love
    10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love [c]his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

The Outworking of Love
    16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error
    24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Well ! I guess I lied to you . I was going to put up 1 John 1-3 , after that I was going to ask you to read chapter 4 on your own . BUT ! I have selfishly changed my mind . I'd like us to read it together .

I'd ask you to read the rest of 1 John after that , Heck ! You might as well since there is not much left of the book .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast