Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: About this web site.

Boolit Master

About this web site.

I have been a member here since 2009 and have enjoyed every minute I've signed in, even with the changes made. Before learning how to use a Computer I was a member of and subscriber to The Cast Bullet Association. I really enjoyed their Magazine, and learned a lot from them. They even published a story of mine. When I first started using a Computer my wife would help me get on a site and I could figuer out how to get around in it. As I figured out the different buttons to click on I learned how to get on the Cast Bullet Associations web site, I thought I had gone to heaven. It took me a while to work my way around the site it was great. Then I found the Cast Boolit web site, I then knew I had arrived (in Heaven that is). Not really though, but I have really enjoyed this sit. I haven't been on the Cast Bullet Associations site for quite some time, until today. The site has changed so much it is really strange to work around on. I don't like their format at all and won't be going back. What are your feelings about it ?. I really enjoy bantering with everyone on this site, and the information is phenomenal.

Banned

I’ve been a CBA member for about 15 years!

Boolit Master
    I belong to three different cast bullet forums and one cast bullet elist. They all have different features and advantages. Not going to say that is either good or bad.

Boolit Master

I keep meaning to join CBA to get their historical article's. But i forget.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Cast Boolits Owner

It appears they have adopted new forum software. The forums are listed on the right side of the page. I dabbled over there for a moment by chosing “single shots” which opened a new page with the current threads on the left side of the page. The odd looking layout is different than here and typical of what I am seeing on some of the sites that have been bought up.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    I don't like their format at all and won't be going back. What are your feelings about it ?. I really enjoy bantering with everyone on this site, and the information is phenomenal.
    The forum structure is different, obviously. The content is still individuals and what they post, broken up into subject matter sub-groups, just like here. The visual difference doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOC031 View Post
    The forum structure is different, obviously. The content is still individuals and what they post, broken up into subject matter sub-groups, just like here. The visual difference doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I guess I just have a hard time with change. That being said I do know that change is a contestant thing. When you get old it just makes things harder to deal with. Thanks for the the comments.

Banned
    Often change/new software makes a site much more economical.

Boolit Master
    Web site changes can be for a number of reasons. Change in Webmaster is the primary one. Some web designers like different software than others which can drive how a website is set up. The other is a change in web hosting and how it is set up.

If you have a really good web person they can work through anything. But, it takes a lot of work and expertise. Volunteer groups rarely have someone with both time and expertise.

Boolit Bub

A collector site that I belong to is redesigning their site to make it more friendly for phone users and to try to get new and younger members to join.
    And hopefully make the site search function more user friendly.

Boolit Master

This is the only casting site I've ever frequented. Honestly, I don't see much need to move. Any question I have have or anytime I'm stumped, you guys always have the answer. Hands down best group of fellas on the internet. Love this place.

Boolit Master
    I started web hosting in 1989 with a BBS named Shooters Corner. As a SYSOP, I was constantly updating my system by adding additional access lines, updating access speeds, installing multiplexers, installing dedicated circuits with the phone company, upgrading software, modifying the site, and many other improvements to make the site more accessible and easier to use for the users. Change is inevitable and fast in this high tech world we operate in. I would argue now that it is too fast and outpaces the user community causing frustration and loss of membership. Just look at Windows for an example. I am always saying "fix what you have, don't keep upgrading to the next gen system."

It is what it is I figure but I think we are near the end of the road since the user community is aging and frustration is rampant. We shall see.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve enjoyed my time on this website immensely. Very grateful to those here that share so much experience and knowledge.

CBA also looks great. I go there from time to time but this place is far and away my go-to. I really appreciate the way the powers-that-be here have kept it civil. Neither format is an issue to me. The attraction for me is a combination of the people and the knowledge.

8mmFan

Boolit Buddy
    Usually, for me anyway, when one of my favorite forums changes the layout, I don’t like it and struggle finding features I had used in the past. Given a little time, I figure things out and like the new format just fine, if not more. I’d like to suggest you give it another try or three.