Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nosy Neighbors

Boolit Master

Nosy Neighbors

Have a nurse visit my house twice a week to redo a uniboot due to me getting open sores on my legs from diabetes. So one of my nosy neighbors decides to tell my wife. My wife cracks up and couldn't stop laughing. Neighbor says she just wanted to let my wife know a strange woman is coming to your house. My wife is well aware of the nurse and is usually here when she comes. So my wife tells me about it. I crack up and asks which nosy neighbor it is. When she tells me off I go laughing again. And this is the same person who I caught going through the mail in my mail box. Said nosy neighbor was complaining about getting here mail box damaged. Told her she's lucky as I saw two lightening bolts come down on her mail box one summer. Frank

Boolit Master
    That's awesome

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Nosy neighbors are free security cameras.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is a problem waiting to happen.
    she's probably a damacrat to boot.
    I would stay away from her.
    She's bound to make you give up your firearms.

Boolit Master
    Well... bright side is that your wife has a friend that cares!! Heck of a lot more than most can say.
    I have had similar experiences, and it truly feels amazing that your spouse can laugh it off!! (DEFINITELY more than most can say!!)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    nosey woman from down the street sees me checking the mailbox ,and comes straight over .....She says "did ya go to the big meetin last Saturday?".....I says didnt know it was on...whats it about ....she says "it was about you".....didnt need to ask,I own acreage ,all these whiners are in little houses .......Biggest mistake I ever made was selling the 10 acres next to the farm to a developer for houses.

Go over there and say "You're next honey!"

Banned

Nice to not have neighbors.

Agree with Rich. My neighbors are all 4 legged.

Boolit Master

We are blessed with neighbors that mind their own business, but will come running if needed. We do the same.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    We are blessed with neighbors that mind their own business, but will come running if needed. We do the same.
    And in the little town where we lived many years and brought up a family, we did too, at least the adjacent ones. I love small towns and we may move back into that house one day, but small towns have that nagging problem of everybody knowing everybody else's business and there seem to be an increasing number of the types out there who I prefer to not know me or me know them very well.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'd have told her, Oh, it's nothing to worry about . . . it's just our bi-weekly "swingers" get together."

Kind of reminds me when I was a kid and we all had "party lines" . . . we had one neighbor lady who must have spent the greater part of her day listening in on other's phone conversations. More than once I heard my Dad. when he finished up with a phone call, speak loudly into the phone, Did you get all of that Mrs. "X", or do you need me to write it all down for you?" It was a blessed day when we were finally able to get a private line.

Boolit Master
    Reminds me of an old saying;

"Do you know the definition of a small town? It's where everybody knows who's check is good & who's husband ain't!"

Nosy people like that can be a pain.
    But going into my mailbox,, I would call the cops, the postmaster general, & a federal officer I know. She'd get so many "legal" types visiting her, that she'd have bigger worries than what I'm doing.

Boolit Grand Master

We ( my wife and I) both worked at the same place. A couple of the older ladies decided they had to inform her I was " keeping time with a lady from the can plant". Her reply was good hes leaving me alone then. After that the 3 of us went to lunch and break together ( holding hands along the way).

I have a neighbor who s constantly watching, taking pictures, Twice Ive seen a drone around house and building suspect its her but cant prove it. It is a royal pain having to be on your toes all the time.

People like that are everywhere. I think of them as 'Evinrudes in the septic tank'. Nothin' better to do but snoop around and gossip.

For these reasons I was 'social distancing' long before it was a catch phrase.

Boolit Master
    I grew up with a guy whose mother was like as described. She was involved in everyone's business. She'd do anything for you buy just had to know.
    My wife and I were separated for a while and she caught wind of it so at some gathering, I wasn't there but my mom was, she went to my mom and told her "I know what's going on with them if you want to talk about it." My mom took her at face value even though she didn't have a clue. Pumping my mom for personal information because she just "Had to know" pissed me off to no end.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    country gent
    Do you not have a shotgun? A 12ga with a load of #8 shot will fix a nosy drone. Unfortunately nosy neighbors can't be dealt with that way.

Boolit Grand Master
    Too bad you can't get the frequency the drone uses and jam the signal or take it over and it "accidentally" crashes in to a tree!!
    Use a slingshot--quiet!!!

Or get your own drone and take out the offending one or follow it back home to see who is controlling it. Record everything if you follow it back.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood where everyone minds their own business. We are here to help each other, but what we do on our own property is no one's business but our own.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

The wife and I lucked out on neighbors. The block is roughly 100 yards long with only 4 houses. We're the old folks. All the other couples are in their early 40's now. Been here going on 18 years and no problems, with a couple of exceptions due to a rent house across the street. Finally, a young couple with 3 boys bought it and they've all grown up and turning out good.

Across the back alley, is a whole different story! Thank God for fenced alleys. One fella owns the only two houses and they're low (and I do mean low) end rent houses. I like to sit on my back deck and watch squirrels, make phone calls, or just get some fresh air. I'm not sure which is more entertaining, the squirrels or backdoor neighbors. I'm not intentionally spying, but when it's in your face there's not a lot you can do about it.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast