RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, June 15

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, June 15

Good morning all. Good message today. Don't get distracted, stay sharp. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Focus on Jesus

“His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’”
    —Matthew 25:21

In the ancient Olympic Games, the winners didn’t receive gold, silver, or bronze medals like they do today. Instead, they were crowned with laurel leaves.

So if you were a runner nearing the end of your race, you’d see the emperor standing there holding the laurel leaves you hoped would be placed on your head. That was your reward.

Sometimes when people set goals, it helps them stay motivated by choosing a reward for themselves if they reach them. When I was in track and field in high school, I hated going to practice. But if I knew there was a pretty girl watching, it always helped my motivation.

In the race of life, we have an even better motive. Jesus Himself is watching us. The writer of Hebrews tells us, “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:1–2 NKJV).

That is the key: looking unto Jesus. We’re not doing it for applause or fame or any other thing. We just want to hear Him say to us one day, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21 NKJV).

But what does it mean to look to Jesus? It means turning your eyes away from other things and fixing them on Him. For instance, if you really focus on something, everything else becomes somewhat blurry.

It’s the same when you’re using a camera. When you get your subject dialed in, the focus blurs out other elements so your subject stands out more clearly.

That’s what it means to look to Jesus. By looking to Him, you’re putting Him first. You’re filling your mind with the Word of God. And that can help you get through whatever you’re going through. Focus on Jesus.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A great lesson, Amen!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I agree...A good lesson !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Mold
    very good, Amen

Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face. The things of Earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.