Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: The Guns of John Moses Browning

Boolit Buddy

The Guns of John Moses Browning

Hey guys,

Although not a vintage book, I just finished reading a very, very good book titled, “The Guns of John Moses Browning”, authored by Nathan Gorenstein. The book was published this year and is a must read for firearm enthusiast. It’s an excellent and enjoyable read. The author does an extremely good job portraying details of the life of John Browning and all the firearms he gets credit for inventing including the problems he overcame during the designs. Without boring the reader with nitty-gritty details it touches on the majority of his 128 firearm patents used for plinking, hunting and the various designs used in all the wars and conflicts since WW1 and how the firearms are typically used. As you well know, many are currently in production around the world.

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Boolit Master
    I saw a documentary of the same title now I need to read that book, Winchester sure changed things when they turned him down and big chief at Remington died forcing browning too seek manufacturers in Japan and elsewhere to produce his designs.
    I happen to have one of the no name Japanese a5's that got me searching for info on who and why it was built in Japan

Boolit Grand Master
    I found that book at Sam's Club.
    Haven't started reading it yet.
    Sill a few books in front of it.

Boolit Mold
    Great book. After reading the book I bought a 1885 45-70. Can't wait to shoot it and reload for it.

Boolit Master

The Audible book is great too.

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend always says he reads books on audible books.
    We all crack up when he says it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I saw a documentary of the same title now I need to read that book, Winchester sure changed things when they turned him down and big chief at Remington died forcing browning too seek manufacturers in Japan and elsewhere to produce his designs.
    I happen to have one of the no name Japanese a5's that got me searching for info on who and why it was built in Japan
    I don’t think JMB ever dealt with the Japanese… after he left his relations with Winchester and Remington, he went to Europe and got hooked up with the Belgians mostly. The working relationship between Browning Arms and the Japanese such as Miroku did not begin until long after John’s passing. Of course Colt also benefited from some of his ideas as well.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"