RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: Anyone use the MP 359-125 HP PB Mold?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone use the MP 359-125 HP PB Mold?

:Product MP 359-125 HP PB 4 Cavity NO LUBE GROOVE mold (10162) has back in stock"

I started looking at this mold a while back and it was out of stock like most everything else. Supposedly back in stock but I haven't looked for certain.

Probably the last thing I need is another mold but I don't have any works of art from MP and and no hollow point molds as well. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking with it.

So, have any of you used this mold for 9mm or 38/357? What I am most concerned with is its accuracy. If a mold does not produce accurate bullets, it goes to the shelf for me. It has a larger cousin as well that I may be interested in at some point if you have experience with it. Thanks in advance

Boolit Buddy
    I have the 8 cavity NLG version of this, and I also have the 4 cav HP version with lube grooves. The bullet is a great design, it feeds in everything I've tried it in and is wonderfully accurate. I find I use the 8 cav much more, just because I can produce a big pile of great boolets in a short amount of time with it. They just rain out of the mold

Boolit Master

I have that mold.

The only better hp IMHO is the Lyman Devastator.

The MP mold will make hp boolits 10X faster than the Lyman.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I have that mold.

The only better hp IMHO is the Lyman Devastator.

The MP mold will make hp boolits 10X faster than the Lyman.
    My main question is how accurate is it? I have a thing about inaccurate firearms and bullets that are inconsistent.

Banned

Very accurate in my 9mm's. Shot ok at best in my 357. But did not play with it a lot in the 357 before I got rid of it.

My favorite. I have 8cav alu and 4cav HP and I can confirm it is very accurate and feeds from whatever we tried it in.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    My favorite. I have 8cav alu and 4cav HP and I can confirm it is very accurate and feeds from whatever we tried it in.
    Beautiful bullets! I assume you are only shooting these in 9mm and not 38/357?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    Beautiful bullets! I assume you are only shooting these in 9mm and not 38/357?
    I did try all my “fat” 9mm bullets also in 38/357 (from 95, 115, 125, 130, 138grs, 142grs and 151grs as light plinking 5grs fast burning powder loads, but I mostly use this in my 9mm. Solid 8cav for mass production, HPs just to have them. It’s a wonderful profile, very popular and you will probably like it a lot. NLG is 138grs with 20:1 alloy, LG gives me exactly 130grs with penta pins and 20:1 alloy.

And yes, I have a solid 6cav of this just for backup too.

The mihec 359-125 is accurate enough/feeds flawlessly in everything I've tried it in that I sold all my other 9mm molds off including a lee 6-cavity 120tc/h&g 275 clone.

I've showed this target a bunch of times already. It's nothing more than the test target used that day testing loads in a nm 1911 chambered in 9mm. This target is not hand/cherry picked by any means. It was shot @ only 50ft because I do most of my pistol shooting @ 50ft anymore.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I tried this bullet in a snubnosed 38spl and while the results were impressive, the groups were low as expected.

I really have no idea why I never tried this bullet in the 357's for a long range flat shooter. This thread reminds me that I need to do a little testing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    My main question is how accurate is it? I have a thing about inaccurate firearms and bullets that are inconsistent.
    In the 9mm it's a very accurate boolit. The only problem is it goes where it's pointed and not always where I want it to go.

The main reason I don't use more of this boolit is we shoot a lot of 9mm, 30k last year, and the four cavity just isn't enough. The 125 gr RNFP no lube groove boolit in an 8 cavity rains boolits. It's my primary 9mm boolit.

But you've reminded me how much I like the HP. I'll go out this week and load 1400 of them and shoot them over the coming month.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    After experimenting with a number of 9mm boolits, I now use this one exclusively. I highly recommend it for accuracy.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!