MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: 243 bullet mold

Boolit Bub

243 bullet mold

just bought a 243 rifle and would like to get a mold for it. i did not know that lee does not make a 243 mold. the RCBS 95 grain FP is rumored to be discontinued also as everybody is out of stock. does anyone make an affordable 243 mold? i saw that LBT makes 243 molds, but i keep reading how bad the wait time is on his products. what mold do you guys think i should get or start looking for? thanks doug

Boolit Master

I use the RCBS mold. It is a great mold if you can find one.The Lyman 245498 and 245496 are also good for me.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I use the RCBS also, it's a good one if you can find one. You might put out feelers here for one to buy or check the evil bay empire.

Saeco 85g and a case durn near full of IMR4831 has been "surgical" in my '80 R700V 6mmRem. Like,"you're lying" groups,at some very impressive velocities. I also have the RCBS 95G,can't remember off hand what powder it dotes on.... use it in 3 different 243's. One Savage short action,LOVES that mould.

Good luck with your project.

Boolit Bub
    thanks for the help. now i am off to try and find someplace that has a mold in stock. thanks again.

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty sure ive got a new never used Lyman I think it 85 grains that I'll probably never use, I'll do some digging in the store room in the next week. if I can get pictures to post I'll put some stuff on swapping an selling next week, I hate trying to post an ad with no pictures

85gn Lyman works for me!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    I found old Lyman mold its a 245496, never been out of the box, looking through my dwindling stash of Lino I won't be sending any cast bullets through my old savage 243. its just too accurate and effective with jacketed 100 grain soft points

Boolit Master
    Did you try NOE? My 243 likes the 105 gr GC.

Boolit Bub
    i looked at NOE catalog and everything is out of stock in 243.

Boolit Master
    Have a RCBS 95 SP-GC & Lyman 245496 bullet molds. I have shot them with a Rem 700 and a Savage Axis....load development was easy using Promo, Red Dot, and Unique powders using CCI 200 & 300 primers. I load so that the bullets are seated barely touching the leade. On a good day I can routinely hit 12 ounce water filled aluminum cans (60mm wide) out to 200 yards.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DME72 View Post
    just bought a 243 rifle and would like to get a mold for it. i did not know that lee does not make a 243 mold. the RCBS 95 grain FP is rumored to be discontinued also as everybody is out of stock. does anyone make an affordable 243 mold? i saw that LBT makes 243 molds, but i keep reading how bad the wait time is on his products. what mold do you guys think i should get or start looking for? thanks doug
    His wait times might be long but I have never received a bum mold from him which is more than I can say for several others. For a 243 I'm sure he will make you do a pound cast first.

Boolit Master
    I dug out my Lyman 245496 and put it up on swapping and selling just for dme72 its there if you want if not that's ok too