Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEC Press ID

Don't have a single stage to try it on, but would the part taken off a correct vintage single stage and laid on(under?) a piece of graph paper on the copy machine yield an accurate enough drawing to make a part from?

Just old guy ramblings.......

Can't be any worse than what the military did back in the old days, the archived blueprints for the military helicopters that came out of Boeing Vertol in Philadelphia were un-dimensioned mylars. That way the Russians couldn't steal the info.

When they had to make a replacement part to keep a helicopter flying they pulled out the drawings and scaled with rulers the drawing to generate dimensions.

Made the part.

Hoped it fit. If not, juggle the dimensions made a new part. Hoped it fit. Repeat until the part fit. Destroy the dimensions.

The Russians my steal the information.

Glad I'm retired, still makes my head hurt with that kind of logic.

We actually sold a crosshair device that mounted on the CMM's we sold so they could lay the print on the granite plate of the CMM and use the machine to measure the dimensions on the print.

Way more accurate that a tape measure and rulers.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Don't have a single stage to try it on, but would the part taken off a correct vintage single stage and laid on(under?) a piece of graph paper on the copy machine yield an accurate enough drawing to make a part from?

Just old guy ramblings.......
    I think that would help a lot. Is this something you can provide?
    When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    My pre 82 600jr is at my nephew's house. If you have a little time, I can, in a few days, go and measure that part for you. I may be able to remake the part as well.

I can wait. Thanks for your time. Have a good weekend.
    When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Buddy
    Hell I've got almost every old version of the mec 600 jr ever made. Even a mec Versa. Only I'll be out of state for another 3 weeks or so. I can also take measurements or If it's to difficult to have one machined. I might consider selling the part to you or maybe trading whole machines. I travel the south and east coast often. Heading to the DC area right now. PM me.
    Come to think of it... Maybe WR Buchanan can assist here. I think he is a machinist and he's close to me. If he's willing and able I could give him the part to make for you.

He also makes a hand reloading press that a plan to pick up when I get back home. It will be perfect for me and my traveling situation.
    Last edited by BIGOX; 07-31-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    I think that would help a lot. Is this something you can provide?
    I don't have any 600 Jr.''s left. Not sure if it is the same part as the 650's. I've got 3 650's, a 9000G and a Grabber.

If one of those is the same I could do it.

Good luck in your search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12