Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 Carbine 100gr help

Boolit Master
    I’m using the Lee 93gr RN cast from a 6cavity mold powder coated with Harbor Freight PC over 11.8gr of #2400. Drops the cases over my rifle shoulder (LH shooter). I’ve also got and use the Lee 100gr RN but 2-cav casts too slow...
    The Lyman Cast bullet manual has data for lead bullets.
    Best bullet for most use in .30Carbine is the Lee 113fngc. Even 15gr of H110 works good (2100fps!).

Boolit Buddy
    I've had my share of probs with the little carbine. Mine is a 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk. Most of the time, I've been using the Lee 113grRNGC "soupcan."
    I see you, Finster, use semi-wadcutters, and after I bought an Accurate mold that casts both 75gr and 100gr SWCs, all my probs went away,
    I have been using several alloys, WW+2%, linotype, and Lyman #2, sized to .310.
    I use most of the powders between Bullseye and WW296, but mostly Unique and Herco.
    Have fun,
    Gene
    El plomo ES oro

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    I've had my share of probs with the little carbine. Mine is a 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk. Most of the time, I've been using the Lee 113grRNGC "soupcan."
    I see you, Finster, use semi-wadcutters, and after I bought an Accurate mold that casts both 75gr and 100gr SWCs, all my probs went away,
    I have been using several alloys, WW+2%, linotype, and Lyman #2, sized to .310.
    I use most of the powders between Bullseye and WW296, but mostly Unique and Herco.
    Have fun,
    Gene

Those SWCs are being used in an Underwood M1 Carbine not a pistol. Zero issues in feeding or extraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I'm using lead and show no signs of leading. I size to .310.

Attachment 284463
    I've never seen crimped .30 Carbine before. If it works, it works- but how did you crimp them?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I used a Lee Factory crimp dye. The crimp is a little heavy. I had never used a bullet with a crimp groove for this caliber. I backed it off in some later rounds. I was experimenting with these to see if I wanted to get a very similar mould design from Aresenal. Larry Gibson was kind enough to provide me with some. They shot well and I likely will order one.

I am powder coating

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    You are fine running them full velocity using published jacketed bullet data.

You have me wondering now about sizing the Lee TL31490swc to .309" after PC and trying them someday at full speed.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12