Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My (bad) experience with Walters wads.

Been working with John over the last few days to buy some tin. He took a few days to get back to me but he did get back to me and my tin is on the way. He has probably just been busy. With the profit margins he has on his products (small) I can't imagine this is a full time job for him. Go easy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    I am NOT going to be so quick to join those that condemn. Listing Mr. John Walters good side of the balance sheet would take a book to complete. I would like to hear a little more, or as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story". There may be a few key facts that we don't know or maybe even Claudius does not know yet.
    The John Walters I know does not operate this way if he is aware of a problem, and that is for sure.

Just saying....
    Also .....bein nice when you encounter a problem goes a long way to getting it fixed - foot stamping does not work very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    I am NOT going to be so quick to join those that condemn. Listing Mr. John Walters good side of the balance sheet would take a book to complete. I would like to hear a little more, or as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story". There may be a few key facts that we don't know or maybe even Claudius does not know yet.
    The John Walters I know does not operate this way if he is aware of a problem, and that is for sure.

Just saying....
    "the rest of the story" is quite simple: now I have 4000 wrong size wads. I ordered them for 45-70 cases because all the BPCR guys here know the good quality of the LDPE wads, so I decided to order them from John Williams.

I didn't say that John Williams is a bad person, his service was good and I paid in advance with Paypal, but he didn't test his wads before shipping.

This is my original message to him:
    Hello, can you send me a lot of your LDPE wads for my Pedersoli 45/70 Sharps? I think that 0.060" thickness and .460" should be right. I live in Italy.
    I sent to Williams another email this morning.

Vendor Sponsor

Good luck with this. I don't know what else to say that I have not.
    John (in my opinion) will make it right if he can.

Interestingly, looking at Walters wad size options, I don't even see a 0.479" wad listed as available.
    0.463" is the standard 45 rifle diameter.
    Again, good luck and I hope that Mr. Walters gets your message.
    Chill Wills

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    "the rest of the story" is quite simple: now I have 4000 wrong size wads. I ordered them for 45-70 cases because all the BPCR guys here know the good quality of the LDPE wads, so I decided to order them from John Williams.

I didn't say that John Williams is a bad person, his service was good and I paid in advance with Paypal, but he didn't test his wads before shipping.

Are you sure your calipers aren't off? Just one thing to check.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
    Are you sure your calipers aren't off? Just one thing to check.
    My calipers aren't off, but above all my Starline fire formed cases aren't off, and accept only .460"/.463" LDPE wads.

Boolit Buddy
    John got me on poly wads too.
    Have done business with him for years, but the last bag of poly wads I got were horrible, punched 2 at a time and all stuck together, ordere 44 rifle, .451 diameter, came at .457. To small for 45, too large for .45's.

Boolit Master
    A lot of sheet plastics are very tricky to work.....they dont punch out the same size as the dies used......In any case,if I got plastic wads a few thou oversize ,I would make an inserter to compress them a bit as they went into the case,and use a round nosed punch to push them in.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post

Claudius,

I would take a few of the wads and tape them to a letter and mail them to the seller.
    With a note that says something like.:

Dear Mr. Walters (sp?)

I thought you might want to verify for yourself that the product you mailed to me
    is defective. Enclosed are a few samples.

I trust that you will make good on your reputation and send the correctly sized wads
    at your first opportunity.

Sincerely
    =================

If he doesn't then let us know.
    I don't know what it costs to mail a letter but I think having
    a sample of his defective product in hand will help motivate him.

All good business people eat their mistakes.

Boolit Master
    ....and here I was thinking that everything in the world was perfect all the time, every time. Dang!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12