MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: bad early childhood

Boolit Master

bad early childhood

well before i was born i could not see
    then after i was born , someone done a thing on my sticker and cut half of it off
    then i could not walk or talk for a year

very bad then i got to about 16yrs old and needed glasses
    now i need a wheel chair
    but still have drivers license

Boolit Master
    But we overcome it all.
    At 18 months I was removed from my birth family due to violence and other things and put into foster care. My foster parents adopted me when I was 4 years old even though they were in their late 40s.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Deleted
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    But we overcome it all.
    At 18 months I was removed from my birth family due to violence and other things and put into foster care. My foster parents adopted me when I was 4 years old even though they were in their late 40s.
    Hey don't feel bad I was 36 when I came home one day and missus said GUESS WHAT

Boolit Master
    life is easy, if you make good decisions. Unfortunately some of the good decisions are not fun.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    I'm with you on being upset about that cutting the end off my sticker thing !

At about a year old they put me on the bottle. That was traumatic.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I know a wonderful couple, their kid was born with some Downs' syndrome and a congenital heart defect, Dr. told them to just put him in an institution, they looked at each other then at the Dr. and I won't repeat what they said as I'd have to give myself an infraction.

I got to know them about a year later, kid was just getting big enough for surgery to be possible to fix the heart issue, they were doing PT with him in preparation for post surgery, then they had the surgery done to fix his heart. So they were having him stand up and sit down, feet in boots that were screwed to a board, to strengthen him post surgery.

Was going there to practice skills but got to watch as their kid got stronger and better off...

Couple years later, a local woman who was addicted on crack cocaine and who had a similar age kid, got jailed; They knew the grandparents, so when they heard that the grandparents were having to chain the kid to a tree to keep him from running out into traffic etc., they offered to adopt him, and did so.

Two kids, pretty similar except one has heart surgery scars and the other has anger issues from a bad childhood, they worked with this kid and made amazing progress, he was running around with their kid (double trouble!) and the two kids were learning from each other.

Lost track of them after a while due to my work, but I saw a good couple, had at work to improve both kids' lives, great people!

A little help can make a big difference, definitely; Parents with ethics and good parenting are wonderful

Boolit Master
    I could write a book about my mothers childhood she lost her mother when she was 10 years old. Had four brothers to take care of . She lost four kids before I was born . Lost my dad 30 years ago ,my brother 2 years ago . The good news she beat cancer last year at 90 years old . Life can be hard.

It's been my experience that this world is pretty fair to everybody, simply because it's pretty unfair to everybody. You can look at someone who seems to have everything easy, and be jealous about it; but likely as not he'll be going through some kind of Hell on Earth before it's over.

There's tons of opportunities to make things better for yourself - and others while you're traveling through this life. And there's a guaranteed way of making your future amazing after you quit this life. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and your earthly life will benefit greatly, and your eternal life will simply blow your mind. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starnbar View Post
    Hey don't feel bad I was 36 when I came home one day and missus said GUESS WHAT
    I'm drawing a blank here.
    you became foster parents?
    Or your kids weren't yours?
    Not being a smart ass, just asking.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    I know a wonderful couple, their kid was born with some Downs' syndrome and a congenital heart defect, Dr. told them to just put him in an institution, they looked at each other then at the Dr. and I won't repeat what they said as I'd have to give myself an infraction.

I got to know them about a year later, kid was just getting big enough for surgery to be possible to fix the heart issue, they were doing PT with him in preparation for post surgery, then they had the surgery done to fix his heart. So they were having him stand up and sit down, feet in boots that were screwed to a board, to strengthen him post surgery.

Was going there to practice skills but got to watch as their kid got stronger and better off...

Couple years later, a local woman who was addicted on crack cocaine and who had a similar age kid, got jailed; They knew the grandparents, so when they heard that the grandparents were having to chain the kid to a tree to keep him from running out into traffic etc., they offered to adopt him, and did so.

Two kids, pretty similar except one has heart surgery scars and the other has anger issues from a bad childhood, they worked with this kid and made amazing progress, he was running around with their kid (double trouble!) and the two kids were learning from each other.

Lost track of them after a while due to my work, but I saw a good couple, had at work to improve both kids' lives, great people!

A little help can make a big difference, definitely; Parents with ethics and good parenting are wonderful
    We had a neurologist at OU Children's Hospital tell us the same thing about our son, who was age 4 then. I invited him out to pistols for two, and coffee for one. Son was later diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, or what they also called high-functioning autism. This afternoon, I picked him up from his job, which he started a week ago, after losing his previous job due to Covid-19 the same week I lost mine. He's a fine young man, now aged 29. Helps his mom and I, cooks, cleans, and takes care of us, as much as we take care of him.

Doctors do not know all they think they know. And some of them are rectal orifices.

Bill

Funny mine was a lot like yours.

Do what you can with what you have.

Every day on the green side of the grass is a good day.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Spent most of my childhood trying to keep my step father from literally killing me when he was drunk. Dodged many a package of frozen hamburger aimed at my head. Figured out early I was adopted.

Boolit Master
    just got off the phone with a very good young friend of mine.
    had terrible upbringing, his unwed mother consumed by 2 full time jobs, his father a bad alcoholic dope dealer, my friend got hospitalized for stomach problems because his dad would only feed him food from the bars that he hung out at. his dads truck looked like sandford and sons and when he would take son to school kids would =endlessly make fun of him calling him trash boy, he ended up in special ed classes tagged as a retard. school didn't last long for him.
    he spent a lot of time out in the woods by himself, camping out living off squirrels and rabbits. he got into small engine and lawn mower repair. he's a natural at that stuff. has his own business, he's 29 now, just bought his own house on 15 acres, paid cash, and rebuilt an old ford diesel 1 ton dually and is now rebuilding an old ford ranger 4x4 just for fun. says he's too busy to do much shooting lately but wants to come up here for deer season.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post

Some people are just better than others. Bless them for what they are and do
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    We had a neurologist at OU Children's Hospital tell us the same thing about our son, who was age 4 then. I invited him out to pistols for two, and coffee for one. Son was later diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, or what they also called high-functioning autism. This afternoon, I picked him up from his job, which he started a week ago, after losing his previous job due to Covid-19 the same week I lost mine. He's a fine young man, now aged 29. Helps his mom and I, cooks, cleans, and takes care of us, as much as we take care of him.

Doctors do not know all they think they know. And some of them are rectal orifices.

Bill
    Asperger's can be dealt with. Elon Musk has it so there is that.

People grow up with a bad lot not of their making. Some go by the wayside, some get a helping hand. Military gave me a grip on things.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum