Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destinations

Best week of my life was some 6.5 miles south of Deadwood. Camped out in a tent in a little campground. Little clear cold stream some 15 feet from the tent. Sheltered from the afternoon sun by a couple of big pines.

NE Corner of SD is not bad if you enjoy fishing. Watertown to Britton roughly. Pretty country, lots of little lakes and potholes. Not a lot of people, lots of wildlife. Normally the first 2 weeks of June is the time to be there. Has not gotten too hot yet, bugs not yet gotten bad.

I live in Fargo so I tend to play more over on the Minnesota side. Lakes are closer, have trees around them, Non-resident family fishing licence is only 70$.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Cody, WY and the firearms and western museums. Also Deadwood and Mount Rushmore in SD. The National Parks would also be cool to visit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Cody, WY and the firearms and western museums. Also Deadwood and Mount Rushmore in SD. The National Parks would also be cool to visit.
    yup that was my traveling. Every year for about 5 years to the linebaugh seminar in cody. Never got tired of that museum. Sister lived in great falls so wed stay there for a couple days. One time is plenty for that town.

Moderator Emeritus

As I have aged, I have less desire to travel.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, I traveled to WY several times. The first time was a 4th O july week long motorcycle trip with friends, we camped in the Big Horns on the way to Yellowstone. I loved the area all around the Big Horns, but Yellowstone was a crowded mess and never went back there again.

Each subsequent trip to WY always included time in the Big Horns. One trip I did by myself, I hauled a trail bike (Honda XL350R) to the Big Horns...I put 500 miles on that bike in 5 days, and probably seen all there is to see...What a beautiful mountain range. Don't miss the arid west side with it's red sand, there are archeological sites to check out, and there is a campground specific to that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    SWMBO wants to move back to NW Florida. Specifically, Destin, but she'd settle for wherever she could get to the beach on a daily basis. I need a place with a workshop, and I can't see us affording more than a 1-room studio apartment. At best. I believe I need to start buying lottery tickets. Ain't any other way I could see it happening. We were stationed there in the mid-80's, and I took her on vacation there about 3 years ago, and then sent her there the following year. If I hadn't lost my job here last April, I was planning on sending her back last year, too. Man plans, God laughs.

Bill in OKC

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12