Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on why my 243 case necks are cracking

Boolit Grand Master
    And maybe the necks have been turned and are thin, and a possibility that the necks are getting overworked between firing and sizing. Whats the neck OD after firing and the OD after sizing with the expander removed? I have seen some dies really overwork the necks

Boolit Master
    Do you have a regular size die? Are you sure you need a small base sizer? It might be over working the whole thing.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I did also find that my rcbs trimmer must have loosened up. All my brass was cut short at 2.020”. I grabbed some different RP stampede brass. Annealed, SB sized, and trimmed to 2.035”. I re tested my tightest grouping load and worked it up and and down in .01 grain increments both ways. All the groups opened up with the longer length brass for sone reason. All were still under and inch but not by much. I had one scratch long on each neck after firing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    Do you have a regular size die? Are you sure you need a small base sizer? It might be over working the whole thing.
    ^^^ Throughout this entire thread this has been my thought. I would try a regular FL sizer.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12