MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: 22cal cast boolits

Boolit Mold

22cal cast boolits

Sure would like to buy some 22cal cast boolits

What cartridge are you loading?

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master

Got a few 22 Bator and RCBS 22-55-SP. It's going to be a Great Fourth of July...

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    If you live near SE PA area I’d just give you 50 to test. IMHO they are not very accurate. I have a bolt 223 that is MOA gun with 55gr FMJ over Varget. Running 60gr gas checked I’m lucky to get a 2 to 3 inch spread at 50 yards. Fun to play with and oh so cheap to make but not super accurate. I’ve got a box of 50 that need range time with a light charge of Bullseye that has proven to be pretty accurate so far. I’ve tried 2400, Unique, B’eye, TG, Reddot and others.

Banned

I have a mold…….PM me!

Boolit Mold
    22hornet, 218bee, 223

I've got a pile of the 37gr NOE that I use with my
    22 tcm 1911. They work well, also tried the bator but not as good for the 1911. I have just tried a few in my AR, no no real results there.
    PM me if you want some of the NOE to try

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I started with Lee 55gr but results were not that great. Saw a thread here on 221FB with NOE 60gr and tried and results were so much better, last group was MOA! Not done yet with fine tuning the load. Also switching from IMR4198 to 2400 powder shrunk the groups, kind of surprised me as my 308 gets excellent groups with IMR 4198 cast as well as jacketed bullets in 221FB. This is in a bolt gun.

Have a skinny barrel factory ADL 223 that will shoot the Lee 225-55RF into "your lying" groups @100 with 20g of 4198. Will flat out embarras a lot of JB shooters.

That bullet falls flat as a pancake in a particular 22-250 though. This rig LOVES the RCBS 60G and a case FULL of IMR4831,go figure? It's a fluted factory barrel bought used with "maybe" half it's life gone with JB's.

And have 1/2 dz more "anomalies" of rigs shooting 22 cast into bugholes. Some at JB velocity. First thing I think you have to do is;get to where weighing is a complete waste of time. You gotta get your casting "proflie" such that these little rascals are spot on for weight. That's the 1st hurdle. Second is,as cast roundness. The Lee 225-55RF above is the single most,perfectly round as cast mould as I have. I don't size bullets in push through dies. They either get shot as cast or roll sized. But really,ANY sizing and you're just creating,or digging a hole. As cast,with crimping the GC on is where I've found the best accuracy.

Powders are almost as fickle as which mould? One rig LOVES the 4198's... next one won't hit a barn from the inside. Good luck with your project.

Banned

Thus far, I have only really messed with cast in the Hornet and a little in the .222. Works great in the Hornet for what I wanted it to do.

Recently got a .220 Swift which will be a range toy only. Gonna try cast in it and have gotten some good advise from a couple of members here already. I hope it's a good shooter.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Thus far, I have only really messed with cast in the Hornet and a little in the .222. Works great in the Hornet for what I wanted it to do.

Recently got a .220 Swift which will be a range toy only. Gonna try cast in it and have gotten some good advise from a couple of members here already. I hope it's a good shooter.
    rl/19 and h414 are your friends in the swift as well as 4064,h380 and the list goes on
    for cast in the 22 cal I would love to know what you want to shoot the cast through it makes a difference
    I shoot cast through my 222 rem with blue dot
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    good posts