Reloading UKMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionADvertise hereRepackbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Country Music Television Awards, says, wear orange....

  1. #1
    Boolit Master gnostic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    663

    Country Music Television Awards, says, wear orange....

    I read this morning that the Country Music Television Awards, is asking that people in the audience wear orange to show support for gun violence awareness. I won't be watching, so I won't know how their anti gun propaganda plays out....
    Last edited by gnostic; 06-14-2021 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Boolit Master Half Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    668
    I won’t be watching either. Someday I’ll be able to boycott something that will require altering my normal routines. Thanks for mentioning this.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

  3. #3
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Posts
    514
    Orange? Thought it was Rainbows and Unicorns sprinkled with fairy dust?

  4. #4
    Boolit Master



    Finster101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SW Fla
    Posts
    1,590
    I can't stand what they are calling country now.

  5. #5
    Boolit Buddy Gtrubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Northern ca
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I can't stand what they are calling country now.
    My thoughts exactly, the music is junk, country music now is bad pop music.

  6. #6
    Boolit Buddy

    Txcowboy52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    212
    I agree ! Main stream country is so far from being true country music!! I won’t be watching!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

  7. #7
    Boolit Grand Master popper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,512
    TV, Movie, Actors, singer award parties they can keep to themselves.
    Whatever!

  8. #8
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,057
    Have avoided every entertainment industry awards show for decades.
    Won't be altering my plans to watch this one either.

    Keep politics out of sports and entertainment.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, Tn.
    Posts
    587
    What is television?
    I've not had cable in years. We stream occasional movies but other than that, nada...
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

  10. #10
    Boolit Grand Master

    gwpercle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Orange? Thought it was Rainbows and Unicorns sprinkled with fairy dust?
    LIKE !

    Gary
    We still need a like button ... If you think we need a Like Button ... wear Chartreuse and Paisely Purple ... tomorrow to show your support for a like button !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables

  11. #11
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fl.
    Posts
    587
    If they were serious they would show their support by wearing an orange jock strap over their heads instead of a Covid mask.

  12. #12
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    like !

    Gary
    we still need a like button ... If you think we need a like button ... Wear chartreuse and paisely purple ... Tomorrow to show your support for a like button !
    lsu !!!

  13. #13
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,604
    I don't know about wearing orange or anything like that but one problem we sure do have as a community are a bunch of idiots that take guns into public places and shoot up a bunch of people. these idiots have brought what seems like the whole dang country scrutinizing what any of us as gun owners, collectors hobbyists and professionals does or believes and much of the time the big national media only publishes the most extreme statements when one of the shootings takes place. Its not very often you see the opinions of responsible gun owners on the national news. Maybe time is right for responsible gun owners to call out these yahoos with crazy ideas of shooting up a bunch innocents when we come across them. We need to do all we can to preserve our 2AM rights.

  14. #14
    Boolit Master



    Finster101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SW Fla
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I don't know about wearing orange or anything like that but one problem we sure do have as a community are a bunch of idiots that take guns into public places and shoot up a bunch of people. these idiots have brought what seems like the whole dang country scrutinizing what any of us as gun owners, collectors hobbyists and professionals does or believes and much of the time the big national media only publishes the most extreme statements when one of the shootings takes place. Its not very often you see the opinions of responsible gun owners on the national news. Maybe time is right for responsible gun owners to call out these yahoos with crazy ideas of shooting up a bunch innocents when we come across them. We need to do all we can to preserve our 2AM rights.

    I don't see how showing support with the gun grabbing crowd is going to help support our rights.

  15. #15
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,604
    I didn't say anything about supporting gun grabbing crowd. I'm saying we might want to put a stop to some idiots, that is if we can, before they shoot up a bunch of people in a public place. if there were not so many of these stupid shootings whatever the CMT awards is trying to do would be a non issue.

  16. #16
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, Tn.
    Posts
    587
    We have 2 problems in our country...
    Lack of good mental health care for those that need it. Most school shooters WERE on the radar.
    Inner city hood rat violence.
    You take out inner city black on black violence and the shooting numbers in the UDA collapse.

    If the law abiding American gun owner were the problem, you'd know it.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

  17. #17
    Boolit Master
    Mal Paso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    3,256
    "Gun Free Zones" are killing people. Law abiding folks are afraid to carry and the criminals know it. Chicago buss stops, the San Jose Transit Yard, "Gun Free Zones".
    Mal

    Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

  18. #18
    Boolit Master


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    661
    I’m surprised they still call it country music

  19. #19
    Boolit Master



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I didn't say anything about supporting gun grabbing crowd. I'm saying we might want to put a stop to some idiots, that is if we can, before they shoot up a bunch of people in a public place. if there were not so many of these stupid shootings whatever the CMT awards is trying to do would be a non issue.
    How do you propose to do that? Make some more laws against guns?

    Guns are not the problem those without guns are.

  20. #20
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I can't stand what they are calling country now.
    Amen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check