Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Country Music Television Awards, says, wear orange....

Boolit Buddy
    I'll be wearing my orange in November.

I wear camo or pro 2nd tees or hats as often as possible, wore camo to the voting booth this year.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Moderator Emeritus

We are seeing the failure of villages to raise children properly. Those who have not been taught the rearing of children in a family situation are moving away from personal responsibility for their kids as well.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    We are seeing the failure of villages to raise children properly. Those who have not been taught the rearing of children in a family situation are moving away from personal responsibility for their kids as well.
    All too true. It's being left mostly to the school system.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    lsu !!!
    Geaux Tigers !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!
    No substitute for a Mother and a Father properly bringing up their children , providing for them , feeding , clothing and educating them ... It's a hard job but the Villages , streets , schools and public programs are not going to get the job done ... Only Mom & Dad .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

Most if not all country music sucks! Always has, always will!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I read this morning that the Country Music Television Awards, is asking that people in the audience wear orange to show support for gun violence awareness. I won't be watching, so I won't know how their anti gun propaganda plays put....
    I will wear orange but in November during our gun deer season
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

I wonder if they are "aware" that gang drive-bys and the like, are considered mass shootings now?

Boolit Master

I prefer to think they are supporting my Tennessee Volunteers. GO BIG ORANGE!
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Country music? In my short 65 years, I’ve listened to some of it, but the current crop of “ singers”, a bunch of “ woke”, spoiled little millionaires, had better not depend on me buying their so-called “ music” !!!!!! ........................ ima just put this out here, if isn’t made by a rock group called AC/DC,I’m not much interested!! ........................ ( that oughta stir things up). Hahaha!!! You turn them off,( because of their agenda), and the ratings skid down to the bottom, it’ll hit em in the wallet, right where it needs to! Just my opinions.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I have to admit, I'm not one bit surprised at anything the CMA does. I was born in a large city and lived there until I was 13. A pure rock & roller from the start. My father moved us back to the rural area where he grew up, it was there my country music education began. 1/2 of my friends were Rocker's, the other were Country. I was just beginning to play guitar and sing. I found my voice wasn't suited to the Rock genre, so I went Country. Today my music tastes vary between those two, Gospel, Soul & Blues.

That being said, what I have learned about the music industry, it's a business. There was a time you couldn't have gotten a country singer to go against guns for any reason. It would have been the beginning of the end of their career. Country music was born long ago by people who lived off the land, guns were a part of everyday life. Be it gathering food, or kept handy when trouble was about. A lot of todays "vocalists" in the country genre, do as they are told by the people who control them. For the fame and fortune, if opera singing would have gotten them there? That's where they would be and not in Country music.

In the end, Country music today has a targeted age group. And the majority of us here, aren't in it. I've been done with the CMA's for decades now. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Went to a country concert last year featuring Trace Adkins and Charlie Daniels. Great show, but the opening act wore skinny jeans and had earrings. Couldn't believe all the pot smoke in the crowd.
    Last edited by Idaho45guy; 06-12-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I can't stand what they are calling country now.
    My thoughts exactly!

Boolit Master

They also forget what happened to the Dixie Chicks careers.

I have no interest in entertainers doing anything other than entertaining. All that I want from musicians, actors, athletes, and TV hosts is, music, acting, sports, and hosting.

“[T]here seems to have been an actual decline in rational thinking. The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously—after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important ... so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth.” ~ Robert A. Heinlein

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrubicon View Post
    My thoughts exactly, the music is junk, country music now is bad pop music.
    I call it Country Rap or CRAP for short. Most of the "country artists" are generic panderers that couldn't make it on pop radio so peddle the same thing on a country station as country.
    Walton and Johnson show had a song that hits the nail on the head.
    Now there are some that are actual country like Chris Stapleton and Justin Moore. But the ones like Kane Brown (got lost on his own 40acres), Florida Georgia line (nothing country about them) and Taylor Swift (finally more pop play) are an insult.
    Half the time, I can't tell if I'm listening to a country station or a pop station, so I either listen to classic rock or classic country.
    Of course Jason Aldean showing his libtard colors after the vegas thing really accelerated the rush down the toilet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    I will wear orange but in November during our gun deer season
    I only wear it to/from the stand. as soon as I'm on the stand it comes off or gets covered up!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    If yall ever get a chance to see Hank Williams jr. perform then go see him !!!
    He does impressions, Dips tobacco, Gets a little loose with his beverages and for the win...Spits tobacco juice all over the stage !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12