MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope Mount Screws

Boolit Master
    ive got several rifles with bases that are like that I believe, mostly Burris , ive always thought they were called universal bases, the front scope ring is turn in and rear has one of those screws on each side that grip into the groove on the scope ring. a quick look at Burris web site and they now call them "trumount universal bases" and they are no longer one piece but two piece scope mount bases.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post

a quick look at Burris web site and they now call them "trumount universal bases" and they are no longer one piece but two piece scope mount bases.
    The two (L/R) screws are identical for ALL Redfield/Leupold/Burris turn-in scope mount bases, one-piece or two.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Don't firget to grease the front dovetail on the rings and bases. It also helps if you have a 1" piece of bar stock. Mount the bar stock in the rings and tighten the screws. Use the bar stock as a lever and rotate about 90 degrees both ways. What this does is to help mate the dovetail on the front ring and it's mating surface on the base. Makes it easier to move the scope after you do this when using the windage screws to set the coarse windage and lessens the strain on the scope. leave the grease on the dovetail and it's mating surface on the base when you are done. Frank

Boolit Buddy

GregLaROCHE, I think I just turned up a few of these screws in a scope screw service kit. Do you still need a couple? (Or have you bought the entire Redfield mount you mentioned earlier? )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210720_220903.jpg  

Gunwonk- I sent him some and they fit. His rifle is restored now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    The two (L/R) screws are identical for ALL Redfield/Leupold/Burris turn-in scope mount bases, one-piece or two.
    This isn't accurate... I know early 1940's Redfield base windage screw openings are slightly smaller in diameter than their later production. Something I discovered on a 1903A4 sniper project. Also, the "turn in" scope ring & mount design came from Bob Tilden... Redfield copied them and others followed. Lawsuits between Tilden & Redfield were numerous over the years regarding who stole what from whom.
    Last edited by BenTolson; 10-04-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12