Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: iPhone 10

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

iPhone 10

I’ve been using an iPhone 4S for years now and it has served me well, but now it is time to get more with current technology. I’m considering a refurbished iPhone 10. Both mine and my wife’s iPhones were refurbished and besides changing a battery now and then, no problems. They have served us well. I plan on buying one through Amazon, so there will be some sort of warranty. Can I have some input from members who have experience with them. Is there any reason not to get that model of iPhone?
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve been looking at different features and I’m starting to think more about the 11, mainly because of the charging system.

I have 10 max since Jan.2019 and it works flawlessly since then. Before I had 5S. Nothing bad about it.

Boolit Grand Master

Do the iPhone 10s have the option to charge by contact? The don’t ave to actually be plugged in.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Do the iPhone 10s have the option to charge by contact? The don’t ave to actually be plugged in.
    That isxa great feature. My 12 mini has it and really saves the beating that the plugs take. I dont understand why more phones are not contact charging. First had it back with the Palm Pre and even with needing that special dock system was well worth it.

Boolit Grand Master

Hi Mr Wolf. I am actually moving towards a 12 mini. It would be great to have some input from someone who has one. Is it a good choice to get the mini. No regrets you didn’t get the bigger one? How much memory do you have? Do you think 64k is enough for most people, if you’re not storing movies?

I just heard back from a friend who got an 11 as a Christmas gift. She said it sucks and would never buy one herself. What do others think?
    Thanks

Boolit Master

I have a 12 mini. I don't want to tote what feels like an I-Pad around in my pocket. I have been happy with the mini. It's fast, takes excellent photos and is 5G compatible. Wireless charging is nice especially if you have a newer vehicle that has a charging pad built in. There is a bit of a learning curve not having a home button like on the older phones but a ton of UTube videos quickly found with a google search to learn it. Another benefit is being able to get the most out of the Air Pod Pro ear buds. My wife and I both got them and absolutely love them. I don't walk around with them in all the time but they sure are nice when I do use them.

Moderator Emeritus

when I need to upgrade phones, I'll opt for the SE.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    when I need to upgrade phones, I'll opt for the SE.

I looked at the SE before getting the 12. It retains the home button. That was my draw towards it. My wife already had a 10 so I had a tutor as to learn the new OS without one. It's all in what you are comfortable with. Either will be usable for a long time.

ADMIN

My suggestion - www.swappa.com
    If you want a phone that is around the same size as the 4s then check out the Iphone SE 2nd gen (2020)

Now days when considering a "used" or refurbished Iphone you need to ask about "BATTERY HEALTH"
    Battery health is a feature that basically tells you how long before you have to replace your battery.
    80% is the point that the warning comes up telling you to have the battery replaced.
    The battery replacement cost on that phone is only about $60 or so.

Boolit Master

We had an iPhone 6 that was no longer supported with updates and a 6S that was near its end of life with Apple. I was concerned about the larger size and more importantly, the weight of the 12 Pro but it’s turned out to be a minor difference. The features on the 12 Pro are a nice upgrade. I do computer work on a computer; preferring it over trying to do everything on a phone or iPad. The only place I notice is when wearing my older Carhartt t-shirts that are now reserved for the workshop. The heavier phone pulls the pocket down worse than the 6 did. Even with a good case the larger size is unnoticed, even with a pen in the pocket beside it. The 12 Pro Max is considerably larger and wasn’t interesting at all to me. While we were at it, we switched from AT&T to T-Mobile because of the poor signal strength that we had from AT&T at our house which is in town. T-Mobile has a stronger and faster signal both at our house and at my parents’ house where we and they had little to no AT&T signal. We both just had the luck of buying homes that were about as far as you could get between two cell towers.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    The iPhone X is awesome. You won't be disappointed.

But buy it direct from Apple
    https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone/iphone-x

For the Money, get a NEW SE. I replaced my wife's old 5s a little over a year ago when the SE new model came out. I only paid $200 through ATT and other carriers have them still below list of $299. It is same size as the old 6s, but is way fast. Wife loves it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Hi Mr Wolf. I am actually moving towards a 12 mini. It would be great to have some input from someone who has one. Is it a good choice to get the mini. No regrets you didn’t get the bigger one? How much memory do you have? Do you think 64k is enough for most people, if you’re not storing movies?

I just heard back from a friend who got an 11 as a Christmas gift. She said it sucks and would never buy one herself. What do others think?
    Thanks
    I replaced a one year old Android and will never go back again. Kept having issues with the last two Androids with texting. Verizon and Samsung were involved for months at a time and could not fix it. Switched to the 12 and perfect from day 1. I have the 128gb and love it. Nice and small but readable. I use it for emails, phone, texting and love the contact charging. I recommend it. Good luck. I also got the free Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN (Don't use that one) for the life of plan. We canceled DISH and are saving $100 a month. Good luck.
    Ron

you can get a warranty from decluttr too https://www.decluttr.com/us/store/

and you can save money if the device will live in a case anyway by buying a poorer condition, or pay up for pristine. I bought a macbook and an ipad from them with no complaints. I was going to buy an iphone 8 from them (same internals as a 10 FYI), but someone ended up giving me a 7 plus so I've been using that

Boolit Master
    To the OP, not sure what carrier you have and what service is near you. I would call your competitor and see what deals they offer (also ask about senior stuff if it apples). I believe just recently heard a tv ad for free I-phone 10 with new customer and maybe it required 2 lines ? Don’t quote me.
    Call, don’t bother on line with them yet. The associates can give you a good deal and answer all your questions. Then shop on line to beat that.

I’ve purchased iPhone 6, 6s from amazon refurbished a yr ago and no issues at all. Batter still great. No lock ups either.

Mike

Boolit Master
    I’ve owned IPhones for around 12 yrs. 4, 5s, 6s, and for the last year, the SE. I got the SE through AMAC, the conservative alternative to AARP. The carrier is Puretalk. They use the same network as AT&T. For a 2 yr contract, I got the free iPhone SE, unlimited talk, data, and messaging. $45.00 a month, and they paid another 3 yrs of AMAC membership. The network works perfectly here in Arizona.

Boolit Master
    ive gotten several refurbished devices direct from apple over the years, never a problem with any of them and can't beat the savings and when I had any questions or things I didn't understand about them free assistance at an apple store was a big plus.
    just wish I bought some of the fruit company stock back in 85 rather than the first Mac