Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, June 07

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, June 07

Good morning all. Today's devotion reveals a personal (to me) weakness. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, June 7, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    God’s Advisor

“Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. As they were walking along, he asked them, ‘Who do people say I am?’”
    —Mark 8:27

Why do teachers give tests? They want to know whether their students are learning the material. And in Caesarea Philippi, Jesus gave this test to His disciples: “Who do people say I am?” (Mark 8:27 NLT).

They’d seen Jesus walk on water, heal leprosy, and even raise the dead. But did they really understand who He was?

Apparently not, because they replied, “Some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets” (verse 28 NLT).

So Jesus said, “But who do you say I am?” (verse 29 NLT).

Simon Peter got it. He said, “You are the Messiah” (verse 29 NLT). In Matthew’s gospel, Peter says, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God” (16:16 NLT).

Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you” (16:17 NLT).

But then Jesus dropped what I could best describe as a bombshell. He “began to tell them that the Son of Man must suffer many terrible things and be rejected by the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but three days later he would rise from the dead” (Mark 8:31 NLT).

Jesus spoke plainly. He laid it all out for the disciples. So Peter took Him aside “and began to reprimand him for saying such things” (verse 32 NLT). He was rebuking God Almighty.

As a result, Jesus told him, “Get away from me, Satan! . . . You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s” (verse 33 NLT).

Have you ever given God advice? I have. And you probably have too. We make our plans and then ask God to bless them. The question is who’s in charge? Who’s leading whom?

Let’s put God’s will above our own.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good thoughts PB. So many forget that what we want may not be what God knows we need.

I have stopped praying for "results". I pray for strength and wisdom, and am thankful for what God as given me. I keep trying to understand God and His ways, and wonder why He allows some things to happen...so I have a long way to go to reach true unquestioning faith. He must smile at my feeble attempts to "know"....at least I give Him some comic relief.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen, This is a question that all great and small will have to answer one day and all will bow and proclaim Jesus Christ as king of Kings and Lord of Lords!