WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate molds

Accurate molds

His website says 10 week wait time.. but is it really? Wondering if anyone has ordered a mold recently from Tom and how long it took.
    Thanks guys!

Going on six- seven weeks now for my order. Tom said at least 8 weeks when I ordered. If you want to order a mold not produced by the hundreds be content to wait your turn for the best. Gp

No doubt! I have 4 Swiss rifles to shoot including a 1889, so looking at a multiple design 4 cavity. Just don't want to wait all summer to shoot those bullets.
    But.. We shall see, thanks for your reply.

Boolit Buddy
    Was about that time for my order. Great mould, though !

iron brigade: Just reread my reply and want to say it wasn't in any way meant to sound harsh. I totally understand the want to play with the new toys. You'll be happy that you placed an order with Tom and if you need a few "Boolits" to use in the Swiss rifles send me a PM and I'll see if I can help. Gp

Thanks for the generous offer! No offense taken, glad you responded and your answer was what I was looking for.
    I have a couple molds that I've been playing with but I enjoy trying different bullets in my military rifles. I did buy a couple molds from Tom several years ago and they are top notch. I do like perusing his online catalog. Thanks again GP!

I have serval from Tom, the last one for 458 SOCOM a few mouths ago was in my mail box in less than 3 weeks.
    even if he takes 10 weeks it would be faster than a group buy that may or may not happen

Boolit Master
    I submitted an order for a mold already in the catalogue earlier this year and it didn't take the full 10 weeks to arrive. However, I have an order for a custom design which I fully expect to wait the full period for. Either way I'm not in a hurry, it's not like I have enough primers to go play at the moment anyway.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

My new Accurate mould arrived in today's mail, right on schedule. Thanks Tom. Gp

Tom has always been great with me. week and a half was the longest for me but that was before ammo stuff went nuts. He is probably swamped by now.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Jack, my best turn around from Tom was 4 work days before this new reloaders pandemic. All ordered molds were never more than a week & half
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Jack, my best turn around from Tom was 4 work days before this new reloaders pandemic. All ordered molds were never more than a week & half
    Yeap, sounds about right!!!

I have to brag a little bit about my new Accurate mould the 43-200QL. I own a Ruger 44-40 Vaquero, the one with the over sized 44mag barrel barrel. Doug Phillips opened the throats for me but there is only so much bullet you can stuff into the neck of the brass. .430 will chamber in some brass .429 in others is max. The 43-200Ql mould drops a bullet with .428 drive bands and is .431 just forward of the crimp groove (very slightly healed) Drop them from the mould and powder coat and it's a perfect fit in both the Ruger and my new Uberti 1875 "outlaw". Now to load a few and give them a try. Thanks Tom. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    I have to brag a little bit about my new Accurate mould the 43-200QL. I own a Ruger 44-40 Vaquero, the one with the over sized 44mag barrel barrel. Doug Phillips opened the throats for me but there is only so much bullet you can stuff into the neck of the brass. .430 will chamber in some brass .429 in others is max. The 43-200Ql mould drops a bullet with .428 drive bands and is .431 just forward of the crimp groove (very slightly healed) Drop them from the mould and powder coat and it's a perfect fit in both the Ruger and my new Uberti 1875 "outlaw". Now to load a few and give them a try. Thanks Tom. Gp
    Ed Harris designed that one https://sites.google.com/view/44winc...n-bullet-molds

Yes, I'm aware of that Jack. Ed's a man I call a friend even if it's just here at Boolits and over at the CBA We've had a bit of communication about the 44-40 and I know it's also an interest of yours. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that Jack. Ed's a man I call a friend even if it's just here at Boolits and over at the CBA We've had a bit of communication about the 44-40 and I know it's also an interest of yours. Gp
    Absolutely, I added the link if folks wanted to see Ed's post about it. Here is the direct link. https://sites.google.com/view/44winc...ester-73-bores

Savvy Jack: Thanks for posting that link as it explains perfectly what can be accomplished with the 43-200QL I had worked out a means of partially sizing just the drive bands on some other 44cal bullets but this mould saves me a lot of work. Gp

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Interesting, when I did the 43-200QL it was for a neighbor here in West Virginia shot in an 1889 manufacture date 1873 Winchester with tight chamber neck at .444inch, but .435 groove diameter. Rifle all original with factory letter and coal wars history, so any mods not in the cards. Tom cut the mold and neighbor casts bullets of 1 to 30 tin-lead from Roto Metals and with 6 grains of Bullseye shoots to the sights of the old gun and also to my 1905 Colt Frontier Six Shooter, which us also factory lettered and authenticated as a West Virginia coal wars gun.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    you could always try lbt and wait a year and get no responses to your email....

Boolit Master
    My mold came yesterday. Just a few days past the 8 weeks, so like all I have got from Tom, somewhat earlier than the web site promised. A beauty as always -- I'll be making some .380/280 grainers today to try them out in the 35/55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast