Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People sticking their nose where it doesn’t belong

Boolit Buddy

People sticking their nose where it doesn’t belong

I saw something in swapping and selling today that really rubbed me the wrong way if you see something for sale and you are upset with price OR SHIPPING the rules say keep your mouth SHUT.Also if you don’t know what will fit into certain size flat rate boxes move on .

Boolit Master

I have to agree with you. I'm pretty sure I saw what you were referring to. At the very least it should have been done in a PM. I'm starting to see more and more discussion in swappin and sellin too.

Boolit Master
    I'm in the camp that says the swapping and selling section here with no discussion allowed is straight forward and a good policy. discussion is in other areas of the site.
    I've only bought and sold less items that can be counted on one hand but respect the system for what it is. if someone does not want whatever is being offered or what the price is they should keep their commenting thoughts out, free market capitalism. swapping and selling is a great feature here. its not like you can find bullet casting and specialized shooting sports stuff everywhere you go. I feel more and more that I'm in a minority nationwide having shooting guns, reloading and bullet casting as a hobby. it used to be you could buy guns and ammo in many many places like sears, Kmart, the tire store, all kinds of places and now a days its not so easy to find stuff unless you go to specialized store or online sources.
    I guess its like the old saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure and its for each of us as individuals to decide for our selves what is what.

Boolit Buddy
    Agreed! Don't like the price, move on. Nobody cares if you think it's too expensive.

It's like half the members here expect people to sell them stuff at 1963 prices or they scream "price gouging" or some other nonsense. It's borderline ridiculous. And people thing millennials are entitled...

One of the other forums I read restricts marketplace replies to the original poster only. It's a good policy that cuts down on the ********. Food for thought.

Agreed ! In the words of Delbert McClinton...if you don’t know something don’t say nuttin’ . Usually people who stick their noses into other people’s business, are not handling their own very well.

I am in the camp that if you don't like the way it is priced or offered move along nothing to see here. I don't usually get to even make an offer because things in S&S that I would like are usually gone by the time I see them ,I obviously live in the wrong time zone.

I agree with the idea, either PM the Seller or Move Along.

Boolit Master

AMEN!!
    No on line discussion, send a PM
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys thought it was just me! I try to get along with everyone on this site.And I bite my tongue a Lot for one I’m not an old timer and I don’t know 1/1000 of most here but I get my bollits to shoot without leading or bad accuracy so I keep to myself and read a lot . A fed folks here could benefit from the same. Hopefully everyone here has a great day great shooting and mind your manners.Have fun and shoot l.Bob

If you report it we can deal with it. We can't catch them all and the mods ain't telling how we found out. Your help will be appreciated, trust me.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Yeah, I saw it, kinda taken aback. The seller knows what they can do. Things I've sold, I try to sell at a reasonable price, with appropriate shipping. I usually tell them, I can ship it in a SFR, but the box won't fit. I can ship in a SFR, but I don't think you'll be happy with what the hammer does. LOL
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master
    I saw it to.
    It took it as he tried to put it in the box, but might not have known how to take it apart.
    Answer was a little abrupt, but that's just how some people are made.
    I'm sure he didn't mean it in a bad way.
    Being know to fly off the handle, and stick my whole legg in my mouth, sometimes, I know how he feels.
    I don't like being taken advantage of, or bullied.
    I've had it happen a few times here.
    It get my dander up.
    But I try to just ignore it best as I can.
    I'm trying to get better.
    I think I am.
    We should all try.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    AMEN!!
    No on line discussion, send a PM
    And then don't send it.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Same here, Pretty sure I won't sell anything on this site.
    Don't need the money, Definitely don't need the hassle, Don't care for my word being challenged by some armchair slobinsheky 1000 miles away for a few dollars on shipping.
    Lets face it, A 30 dollar lee mold with handles and 15 dollar shipping is not worth the hassle OR my time.

Boolit Buddy
    I should listen to my own advice and should not have said anything. I apologize if I offended anyone. I’m going to stick to reading post and not adding my 2 cents. I truly don’t want to make folks angry at me we’re supposed to be on the same side here and brothers .And I truly hope everyone has a great day. Bob

Banned
    The scourge of the thread crappers. I visit a forum for California gun owners since I am a native. It is nice to keep up with local issues for us. But the on-line Karens have just about ruined that site for me.

I have noticed thread crapping spreading to other forums as well. I don't know if it is a result of the coarsening of the culture in general, the rise of children with participation trophies or just people stuck at home with fewer outlets for their frustrations.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    Some believes that the truth being stated by someone designates that person as a "thread manuerer", Others believe a different point of view is a "thread manurer". Some believe that unless they have been handled with "kid gloves" by someone then that person is a "thread manurer".
    Where do we go from there.

If you can't abide by the sellers terms, treat it the same way you do a car dealer whose price is way too high; get up and walk out the door and find a better deal at another dealer. If you think going home and PM'ing the dealership owner about his price is going to change one darn thing, you seriously need to reflect on how you use your time on this earth.

Boolit Master
    Too many these days just do not understand a free market system. Reckon they are used to government agencies.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master
    on other sites all contact between buyers and sellers is done through
    private messaging only when the items are sold or removed are there any
    open posts or comments made
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    Many times, old timers, make suggestions to try and help new guys.
    It's just a way of helping.
    That's how most of the old timers here are.
    We offer help, to help.
    Vast caldron of knowledge here.
    On many, many subjects.
    I know I've taken advantage of it many times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast