Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moral quandary

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Hmmmmmmm . . . . but "you" will know . . . and self-imposed guilt" can be hard to live with for some folks. Me? I wouldn't have any problem with it . . . someone has to support the cows of this country - without them we would have no ice cream . . . so put that in your pipe and smoke it OAC!

When I worked nights I liked to watch the noon news when I got up. Someone asked why when it's all bad stuff happening , I told them it was so I could start my day by saying "well at least it wasn't me this time."
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master

Just binge-watched that season this week. It was a great one, and the person I bet on winning in the beginning actually won.

Alone is different, as is Les Stroud's Survivorman, because there is no camera crew. The participants have to film themselves. Of course, they get human interaction due to mandatory medical checks, and some of the locations the Alone folks were put in were not exactly remote, with towns an hour walk away. But I do believe the starvation and weight loss shown was real.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

One thing I will throw out there, Alaskan Bush People, Pawn Stars, or American Pickers, all debunked. All pre-staged, rehearsed, exactly.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Why no not at all. There use to be an fitness club in old town Fredericksburg, Va that had the exercise bikes facing the window so the riders could people watch as they pedaled off the pounds. Myself and about a dozen or so of the folks in our civil war reenacting group after dinner would get ice cream cones and watch those size -2's watch us enjoying our cones.

Boolit Master

It's TV. Nothing on it is real. Nothing. Except some limited parts of some documentaries. Sometimes. Even the Weather channel has faked scenes for cryin' out loud.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    What idiot came up with the term “reality show”? Nothing about any of them is real.
    Reality show just means amatuer writers and amatuer actors. By the second season change amatuer to professional.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Les Stroud's show Survivorman, is universally recognized as being one of the few reality shows that is real. He recently moved to YouTube, and I have enjoyed his "director's commentary" videos immensely. I've heard that he is a genuinely nice guy, and the commentary videos show him usually in his living room with a beer or glass of wine, watching and commenting on one of his past shows. Often, his kids or their friends will come into the house and he'll just engage them in conversation and explain he's doing a director's commentary, nice as can be. Or his dogs will come up, or a cat. Just seems like a down to earth guy that is pretty good at survival.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

The way I see it, they knew what they were getting into when they signed a contract. I remember watching the first Survivor show back in the 90's. When the second season rolled around, it was pretty boys & girls...'Click'. Haven't watched any 'reality' shows since.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I love pecans. What pray tell is a pecan turtle blizzard? I believe man law, or at least fat man law, requires pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12