Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opinions needed

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatmedic63 View Post
    I've given the statement above quite a bit of thought and what I have to say about is this: You say:"Can you explain why homosexual behavior is bad, apart from the fact that the Bible says do not do it?." The Bible also says to not steal, commit murder, adultery, etc... So according to your way of thinking; all these things aren't bad just because the Bible says to not do them. Murder is not bad, stealing is not bad, adultery is not bad; I say you are completely off base and have no clue.

As far as your last paragraph about birth defects and such, God has had every moment in time planned out long before we were here. Oh, we have free will to make our own choices after birth, but the Bible states that God knew us even before we were even thought of, therefore He did make us exactly how he wanted each of us to be. What you don't seem to understand is that God uses all of these things good or bad for His ultimate plan which we can't even begin to comprehend. I have had many a handicapped person touch my life in ways that would have never happened had they not been handicapped. These people who are born with defects are an inspiration as long as they don't sit around and have a "Oh feel sorry for me" attitude. Just think of all the handicapped folks who have made a huge impact on this world in science, music, mathematics, etc... Yes, God has had all of this planned before the beginning of time. Sorry to disappoint you and your theories.
    I'm thinking you missed the point of the question.

Boolit Master
    I thought sin is sin, is sin, is sin ,is sin.
    So now I know that when we sin against God we would be better off sinning with a "Little Sin" than a "Big Sin"
    So has anyone committed a "Big Sin" today?
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 01-09-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Combatmedic63 View Post
    I've given the statement above quite a bit of thought and what I have to say about is this: You say:"Can you explain why homosexual behavior is bad, apart from the fact that the Bible says do not do it?." The Bible also says to not steal, commit murder, adultery, etc... So according to your way of thinking; all these things aren't bad just because the Bible says to not do them. Murder is not bad, stealing is not bad, adultery is not bad; I say you are completely off base and have no clue.

As far as your last paragraph about birth defects and such, God has had every moment in time planned out long before we were here. Oh, we have free will to make our own choices after birth, but the Bible states that God knew us even before we were even thought of, therefore He did make us exactly how he wanted each of us to be. What you don't seem to understand is that God uses all of these things good or bad for His ultimate plan which we can't even begin to comprehend. I have had many a handicapped person touch my life in ways that would have never happened had they not been handicapped. These people who are born with defects are an inspiration as long as they don't sit around and have a "Oh feel sorry for me" attitude. Just think of all the handicapped folks who have made a huge impact on this world in science, music, mathematics, etc... Yes, God has had all of this planned before the beginning of time. Sorry to disappoint you and your theories.
    When you a talking to an unbeliever, you will not get very far quoting scripture and declaring something is wrong because God says so in the Bible. These people do not think of the Bible as being authoritative. It is important to communicate on their level, while still using biblical teachings. I don't think you'd need to explain why stealing or murder is wrong to most people. But when it comes to the issue of homosexuality, you had better have an idea of why God said to not engage in such activities as many do not see it being harmful.

Have you noticed that not many Christians are looking out for the sinners when it comes to denouncing homosexuality? I never hear Christians say, "Boy, I sure wish people would not engage in homosexual behavior because I don't want to see them living an unhappy and dangerous life." Nope, Christians speak out against homosexuality because it is a sin that is foreign to them and they don't like the idea that society is pushing for acceptance (and they don't want to be told what to do).

The Christians that get taken to court because they refuse to make a cake or take pictures at a gay wedding are making a mistake in my opinion. Where is the biblical authority for refusing to do business with a sinner? Should a Christian plumber refuse to unclog a toilet in a home owned by a gay couple? These types of unnecessary conflicts make the Church look mean and judgemental.

Jesus and Paul both offered the message of God's love before demanding anything from God's followers. Many Christians demand sanctification before conceding a practitioner of certain sins can saved. This is not God's way.

If you truly feel that God selects some people for terrible handicaps or experiences in life just to motivate or touch the rest of us....I don't know what to say. That is not the biblical picture of God or how he deals with humanity. First off, he is not mean like that. Secondly, just because he can control everything, doesn't mean he does.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    When you a talking to an unbeliever, you will not get very far quoting scripture and declaring something is wrong because God says so in the Bible. These people do not think of the Bible as being authoritative. It is important to communicate on their level, while still using biblical teachings. I don't think you'd need to explain why stealing or murder is wrong to most people. But when it comes to the issue of homosexuality, you had better have an idea of why God said to not engage in such activities as many do not see it being harmful.

Have you noticed that not many Christians are looking out for the sinners when it comes to denouncing homosexuality? I never hear Christians say, "Boy, I sure wish people would not engage in homosexual behavior because I don't want to see them living an unhappy and dangerous life." Nope, Christians speak out against homosexuality because it is a sin that is foreign to them and they don't like the idea that society is pushing for acceptance (and they don't want to be told what to do).

The Christians that get taken to court because they refuse to make a cake or take pictures at a gay wedding are making a mistake in my opinion. Where is the biblical authority for refusing to do business with a sinner? Should a Christian plumber refuse to unclog a toilet in a home owned by a gay couple? These types of unnecessary conflicts make the Church look mean and judgemental.

Jesus and Paul both offered the message of God's love before demanding anything from God's followers. Many Christians demand sanctification before conceding a practitioner of certain sins can saved. This is not God's way.

If you truly feel that God selects some people for terrible handicaps or experiences in life just to motivate or touch the rest of us....I don't know what to say. That is not the biblical picture of God or how he deals with humanity. First off, he is not mean like that. Secondly, just because he can control everything, doesn't mean he does.
    HIV/AIDS is why it is dangerous.

Boolit Master
    Studies point out that domestic violence and mental illness are highest among homosexual partners as well.

Boolit Master
    So, from all this Is "SIN" the "Downfall" of man or is just the "SIN" of homosexuality the downfall of man?
    "SIN" of all kinds is wrong or are we just pinpointing one "SIN" to take the heat off the other "SINS"?
    The clever use of deflection maybe.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    So, from all this Is "SIN" the "Downfall" of man or is just the "SIN" of homosexuality the downfall of man?
    "SIN" of all kinds is wrong or are we just pinpointing one "SIN" to take the heat off the other "SINS"?
    The clever use of deflection maybe.
    You are correct that ALL SIN is an affront to God, and yes we are guilty of ignoring the stick in our eye, to see the splinter in others eye. Soooooooo, how do you reach someone practicing homosexuality that doesn't believe the scriptures?
    I was talking with a young lady I work with who was raised a Christian, claims Christ herself, but was living with her boyfriend. I said, "I know you know what's in the Bible. Don't you realize there are no blessings in fornication?". Today she has a child that has no committed father, and doesn't carry his name. Do we treat her, the boyfriend, and the child with disdain, or show love and mercy? Which way do you think would have the greater chance of having these folks form into a family with God in it? How much more difficult is it to reach people who have no regard for God's word, if Christians only show disdain?

Boolit Master
    Christians can be their worst enemy. How do you teach anyone that chooses not to believe the Scriptures about the Word of God and OUR sins, since WE ALL SIN, not just THEIR sin?
    Or are we cherry picking SIN just to make our sinful selves feel better?

Boolit Master
    "Equality is the cry of the inferior"

Boolit Master
    I guess the imperfect ones are inferior.
    Happy for the perfect ones that are so abundant in this world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234