Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed

Opinions needed

At work, a special bulletin board is dedicated for inclusion and diversification. This seems to be gay pride month and I feel this is getting out of hand. My blood really boils when they say they want equality and inclusion. I feel this is an attack on what has been judged as being wrong and I’m sick of this lifestyle trying to insist of acceptance.
    The company has a complaint line but I’m not capable of providing an acceptable defense that they will accept. I’m not afraid of a battle, I’m sure it will happen again in the future, so to make a stand of what is right what would be your defense be to eliminate the promotion and inclusion of gays in the workplace?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

welcome to sodom and grimora all over again, hopefully a few wake up and turn away before its to late.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned

My first defense would be my best offense, prayer! Ask God to guide you in your handling of this situation. He does have all the answers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    At work, a special bulletin board is dedicated for inclusion and diversification. This seems to be gay pride month and I feel this is getting out of hand.
    IMHO, any statement that is based on "inclusion and diversification" is a tacit political admission that the whole thing is everything BUT inclusion and diversification. The goal of such slimplistic farces is always pressure for public submission to a very narrow utopian wet dream and a total suppression of all other dreams.

Proof: Would anyone seriously believe those tender souls asking for "inclusion and diversity" of special groups would ever openly ask for equal respect for Christians, whites, males, gun and pick-up truck users, hard & dependable workers, school teachers who actually teach and don't indoctrinate, sexual straights, political conservatives & Trump voters, our military & our law officers? Not bloody likely.

Any person depending on public screaming, whining and crocodile tears to get public respect knows they have already lost any legitimate claim for whatever respect they might have had.

Foggy headed liberals obviously can't understand it but real respect has to be earned, not forced by tear-stained PC bulletin boards or dreamy laws.

It may have been a corporate decision in order to satisfy EEOC. Lawyers probably were involved in the postings. It's a CYA thing. Anyone bucking the system is to be identified and weeded out. Let us know what your next evaluation is compared to the last ones and that will tell you something.

Slim
    Last edited by slim1836; 06-10-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

“My first defense would be my best offense, prayer! Ask God to guide you in your handling of this situation. He does have all the answers.” The best possible answer! Thanks for posting that.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Ignore the bulletin board. Treat people decently regardless of who they are. It is not the Christian's job to fight sinners into sanctification.

I've gotten to where I just ignore that 'in your face' sort of nonsense.

These gay rights activists would be fine if they'd just shut up and go about their lives like the rest of us.

Back when the shop needed a new manager, and I wouldn't do it, the owner asked me
    who I thought would be a good choice to promote from within. I told him.

It was the lesbian lady that ran parts & shipping. Several months later, the owner asked me
    what I thought of her performance. I told him she was very good at what she was tasked with,
    and I didn't have any problems with her as technically being my supervisor.

She was cool to work with. She looked after the best interests of all the guys in the shop
    better than the previous three male managers did if they were all put together.

Also, she didn't have all the rainbow tattoos, bumper stickers, and flags either.
    I retired a couple years later, and as far as I know, she might still be doing a good job as the shop manager.

I'm no expert on the matter, but that's about as equal of treatment as I can imagine.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 06-05-2021 at 09:24 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I hate the thought that anyone has to deal with such garbage. They are just pushing the left wing narrative. Like some one said pray, pray for the whole country!! If you read and believe in God and his word , he says it is an abomination. I don’t believe In persecuting any group . I personally will never accept it and I don’t like it shoved down my throat or pushed on our children as being acceptable. If it’s normal and natural why can’t they procreate!?!?
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master

Get some inexpensive Bibles and advertise free Bibles as gifts. Put up a notice of your church services. If anyone objects ask for the board to be taken down.

Boolit Master
    My company had diversity training.
    If you have 2 equally qualified candidates...
    Hire the one who is not WHITE... STRAIGHT... HETERO... CHRISTIAN... NON-TRANS...

SMDHID...
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master
    You do not have any right or standing to prevent gays from being hired or promoted. Even if you owned the company, you cannot discriminate. You do not need to agree with the rules, or accept it as "normal" but you need to learn to deal with reality.

BTW, I know a couple of gay "men" and they are not bad or evil people or "in your face" activists. I do not accept their choice but see no reason to harm them in any way. One is the son of the couple we attend church with and we have become close friends with the family. It pains them to deal with it. God tells us to hate the sin but not the person. For some, that is difficult to do.

If you cannot find the answer in God and prayer, maybe your pastor can be a sounding board.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    My company had diversity training.
    If you have 2 equally qualified candidates...
    Hire the one who is not WHITE... STRAIGHT... HETERO... CHRISTIAN... NON-TRANS...

SMDHID...
    IMHO, your company's personnel office is run by college trained idiots; such candidates are never equal.

Paper equality doesn't include things like work ethic, dependability, good attitude, a willingness to learn and a willingness to work well with other employees. All of that matters to a busy work force but it's rare for people in the "politically protected" classes to have those important qualities.

If new hires don't work out a company can fire straight, white Christians without batting an eye but it's unsafe for them to release politically favored classes for any reason at all these days. Thus, hiring currently protected new people by tilted PC "equality" standards often comes back to bite well-meaning employers in the butt later.

The best place to employ human deadwood is government. Real places that really have things to do need helpful workers. Few PC politicians and modern "achedimic intenterlexuls" understand that because it's not within their range of work force experience.

Boolit Master
    I would say it depends on whether your company receives ANY federal money.
    ANY federal money coming in for any "activity" makes you Title IX.
    If you are Title IX, this is cribbed from them:

Title IX and Sex Discrimination

U.S. Department of Education
    Office for Civil Rights
    400 Maryland Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20202-1328
    Revised May 2021

Title IX

The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX states:

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

Scope of Title IX

Title IX applies to schools, local and state educational agencies, and other institutions that receive federal financial assistance from the Department. These recipients include approximately 17,600 local school districts, over 5,000 postsecondary institutions, and charter schools, for-profit schools, libraries, and museums. Also included are vocational rehabilitation agencies and education agencies of 50 states, the District of Columbia, and territories of the United States.

A recipient institution that receives Department funds must operate its education program or activity in a nondiscriminatory manner. Some key issue areas in which recipients have Title IX obligations are: recruitment, admissions, and counseling; financial assistance; athletics; sex-based harassment, which encompasses sexual assault and other forms of sexual violence; treatment of pregnant and parenting students; discipline; single-sex education; and employment. Also, no recipient or other person may intimidate, threaten, coerce, or discriminate against any individual for the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by Title IX or its implementing regulations, or because the individual has made a report or complaint, testified, assisted, or participated or refused to participate in a proceeding under Title IX. For a recipient to retaliate in any way is considered a violation of Title IX. The Department’s Title IX regulations (Volume 34, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 106) provide additional information about the forms of discrimination prohibited by Title IX.

OCR’s Enforcement of Title IX

OCR vigorously enforces Title IX to ensure that institutions that receive federal financial assistance from the Department comply with the law. OCR evaluates, investigates, and resolves complaints alleging sex discrimination. OCR also conducts proactive investigations, through directed investigations or compliance reviews, to examine potential systemic violations based on sources of information other than complaints.

In addition to its enforcement activities, OCR provides information and guidance to schools, universities and other educational institutions and agencies to assist them in voluntarily complying with the law.

To learn more about filing a complaint with OCR............

<<I retired from the University of Alaska, and let me tell you this bunch is worse than the IRS.>>
    <<A lot of otherwise sane non-federal companies are also using these "guidelines">>>
    <<If you kick God out, who do you suppose is running the place?>>

Boolit Master
    TL;DR
    I had to do 100 hours on the job "Title IX training"

Did you notice they will investigate

"...violations based on sources of information other than complaints."

You might mention that any mention of sexuality in the workplace is a violation, and it doesn't matter which of the eleven sexes you are. Sexuality is verboten. Nobody shall be harassed. Or else.

Boolit Bub
    I will just offer my condolences to you and that is all I will say,LOL

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    BTW, I know a couple of gay "men" and they are not bad or evil people or "in your face" activists. I do not accept their choice but see no reason to harm them in any way. One is the son of the couple we attend church with and we have become close friends with the family. It pains them to deal with it. God tells us to hate the sin but not the person. For some, that is difficult to do.
    It gets old to keep hearing knee jerk assumptions that those of us who don't bend over and smile to welcome gays into our lives must also seek to do them physical or emotional harm; that's overstated nonsense.

So, you know a couple of likeable homosexuals at work; okay. I have a homo nephew who has a supposed trans-male daughter. I have a life-long friend who's three kids have all called me uncle since they could talk and one of the two girls is a lesbian. I love them all dearly and would fight anyone who even tried to harm one of them.

I knew a few at work. I never heard a single degrading slight spoken to anyone's face and that's as it should be but it should never be forced by the power of government's guns; that's unconstitutional "liberal" tyranny. Anyone disrupting workplace peace should be fireable but that's not possible for the flaming queers our PC clowns are eager to jam in our face!

We should all be very careful about accepting divisive laws mandating who must be hired, protected and promoted by private companies. I sure don't think anyone's sex life should automatically gain them an immediate leg up over straights. We should all fear laws that give current protected people advantages simply because of their race, religion, sex or sex life.

If we continue to meekly allow our amoral government to force its way on questions like these who knows, we might someday wake up to find legally protected "trans" boys identifying as girls so they could happily beat females on a playground and then share their showers! Think about that, if you can.

Question: If we call a dog's nose a foot, how many feet will the dog have?
    Answer: Four.

We can call things something they are not but changing labels changes nothing. Call things whatever you will, everything remains what it is. Therefore no matter what my ***** nephew's daughter calls herself, she is not and never will be a man.

Cope

Moderator Emeritus

We, as Christians, so easily and often forget that it's NOT our place to stand in judgment over our fellow human beings, even when they seem intent on infuriating us. It's hard, I know, because I have to fight it myself. But the proper way for a Christian to treat his fellow man is to treat him with all due human respect. That does NOT mean we need to argue with him about lifestyles, or anything else. Demonstrate a Christian demeanor toward those you believe are errant in whatever way, and they're a LOT more likely to listen to you, and m aybe even hear the message of Christ and redemption. Not all will respond that way, or course, but think of those who do! Evil cannot stand against righteousness. You just have to pick or find a time when they're, or may be, receptive. Never underestimate the power of the word of God, or man's thirst for it, no matter how resistant they may at first appear. And never try to cram in your beliefs into a pagan. And remember, when it's most difficult to control your temper, that's when it's most crucial that you do so. God grants great blessings to those who learn to control their tempers.

One of my theories is that a pretty good number of young gays and trans, will change their mind about their sexuality when it quits working for them and they grow up.

Life has a way of beating sin and stupid behavior out of you, if it doesn't kill ya in the process. "Normal" folks should present a desirable impression of normal life that will give ALL sinners a place to land when the mood hits them.

Groups that don't simply accept homosexuality, but PROMOTE it, are way off base, and may very well endure Gods' wrath -- and should. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast