WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hornady LNL progressive.

Banned

thats the real truth. ONLY advantage is it costs less. But how much less a month over 30 years of use.

I love my LNL, but it’s hard for me to recommend it unless budget - especially if one needs multiple caliber changes - is the primary concern

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    thats the real truth. ONLY advantage is it costs less. But how much less a month over 30 years of use.
    Wisdom. I should have said “initial” investment.

Boolit Master
    I have never used a LnL as I bought a Dillon 550b before the LnL existed. The primer system may not be as good as the 650, don't have a 650 so can't say, but it works almost flawless. It flips one out of the primer cup about 1 in 1000. Spilled powder and crud on the machine can be cleaned off when you are through loading as it seems to have no affect on the loading process. If I ever decided to get another progressive it would be another 550 as it just works without issue.

I enjoy a mechanical challenge but not when I'm loading. I got a used Pro 1000 to see if I could make one work and I did but I would not want to use it to rapidly load short cases as it tends to throw powder out of a loaded case if you run the handle too fast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I have never used a LnL as I bought a Dillon 550b before the LnL existed. The primer system may not be as good as the 650, don't have a 650 so can't say, but it works almost flawless. It flips one out of the primer cup about 1 in 1000. Spilled powder and crud on the machine can be cleaned off when you are through loading as it seems to have no affect on the loading process. If I ever decided to get another progressive it would be another 550 as it just works without issue.

I enjoy a mechanical challenge but not when I'm loading. I got a used Pro 1000 to see if I could make one work and I did but I would not want to use it to rapidly load short cases as it tends to throw powder out of a loaded case if you run the handle too fast.
    you made a wise choice. NOTHING is as reliable as a 550. Might not be the fastest out there but dead nuts reliable and will add years to your life do to lack of stress.

Boolit Bub
    I've had both and I still have my LnL and the Lee is sold. Hands down I would go with the LnL, consider how long you are likely to reload 5, 10, 20 years. The press is not that expensive. Buy the best you can afford.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234