Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things you find, WHen you're not looking?

Boolit Bub
    Just picked up another strap wrench for oil filter on tractor. Looked for 3 hrs. yesterday for the 2 wrenches I know I have somewhere. Garage is not that big. Will find tomorrow after filter replacement.

Boolit Master
    Moved for the first time in 44 years. Finally getting unpacked. Find all sorts of wonderful things. Lots of fishing tackle. Fly rods and salt water spinning rods that I had forgotten. 850 Herters 206 primers. small can of 57 primers,assorted tool and all sorts of wonderful things that I will probably loose again. Still missing thing that I am sure we packed and moved. May just have to buy replacements.

Boolit Master

Some years back I helped my mom clean out my grandfather's house after he passed. It was a mess, 50+ years worth of junk, and he'd had a lot of people in his house off and on in his later years, some of whom helped themselves to his stuff. There wasn't much of value left.

In the back of a filing cabinet full of worthless old paperwork, she pulls out a thick manila envelope, labeled "Photos". Our jaws dropped when she opened it up. Not photos, but rather prints, from engravings, from the US mint, all of Ben Franklin and U.S. Grant. $10k cash. Just something my grandpa had squirreled away and never told anyone about, likely forgot about.

I found gift cards for Dick's and Dunhams in my car that had been on the floor for a couple of years.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Banned
    I usually find stuff AFTER I have bought a replacement for it

Boolit Master

Mom needed to go to the doctor today so I took her. Sitting outside waiting, not more than two minutes ago, I was rooting around in the console of my car and found a 1/4” Dewalt magnetic impact socket that’s been missing for ages.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master
    Looking for a box of primer tools I ran across these.
    800x is 3/4 full, SR4759 un-opened.
    Not really sure when I got them.
    I sometimes surprise myself with the stuff I find.
    Getting old, and memory not what it used to be.
    Attachment 284322

I just wish I could find the things I put away "for safe keeping".....my reloading/gun area isin't even 10'x10', but there's a black hole in it somewhere.
    Last edited by rondog; 06-11-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I thought I had two 1,000 rnd boxes of small rifle Mag primers but, I noticed today one was small pistol primers! I thought I was down to a few 100 SPP's and right after I had bought 500 boolets for the .38s!

Also looked at some old boxes and found some .433" round balls and a box of cast .38 boolets measuring .362"?? I'm not sure how old these are, must be 20+ years or so.

16 pounds of powder forgotten is a senior golden moment, no doubt. I forget where I put my coffee cup twice every morning so I can relate.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I store my 1% containers of powder in coolers because they seal good and sit on a shelf where I keep my back stock. In one cooler, I have some powders I rarely use that I picked up during the Obamie Shortage because I couldn't get what I normally use.

Anyway . . . I have been nursing along what I thought was my last pound of Unique which sits in the cupboard above my bench. The other day, I was in the basement and decided to go through the coolers to take stock of what I have . . . . it has been awhile since I have done that . . . well O.K. . . . couple of years. When I opened the cooler with the rarely used powders in it - I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 pounds of Unique!!!! Evidently I had stuck it in that cooler as there wasn't"t room in the others. A nice surprise . . . but it.s heck getting old! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12