Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping cost

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Why not actually do some research instead of spouting off about stuff you have no knowledge of????

https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart

Using that chart you'll find that almost EVERY ZIP code is a Zone 8 from Hawaii. The only exceptions are APO/FPO ZIP codes and the islands.

I don't know how you figure that Hawaii to California would be once zone. You do know that those maps that show Hawaii and Alaska sitting off the coast of California aren't real don't ya?
    LOL. I had a long post typed out and lost it "doing some research." Long story short, I apologize for the feather ruffling I caused. I spoke to my experience relating to regional mail and did say Hawaii may be different, knowing the spatial relationship between Hawaii and rest of US. I haven't consulted a zone chart in a while and really never paid attention to how Hawaii fit into the zone chart.

In OP's case, USPS regular flat rate is probably the best option and what the post office usually only uses. I know that I see or hear nothing about regional rate mail here. it has saved me a lot of money, but the post office doesn't advertise it anymore.

So, my apologies for ruffling your feathers with my post. I didn't mean to misspeak and did not state for fact about what I said relating to Hawaii. I thought was pretty clear when I said "should" and that anyone wanting to know for sure would research and determine for themselves.

If I knew for certain, I would have said so clearly. Anyway, what is that map thing you referred to?

And yeah, I probably should've looked into it a little more, but I didn't have the luxury of access to my laptop to open 2 or 3 web pages and search zip codes to plug into the zone charts to see how that almost everything was a zone 8.
    Last edited by BK7saum; 06-06-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    You can get 2 SFRB in a large Flat rate tyvec envelope for the price of 1 box. Just did that recently no problems, with some brass in them.
    I've started doing that too.
    I sure hope none of the heads from the post office reads this.
    It would ruin a good thing

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Once in Alaska, a contractor shipped all his cement blocks for a building project, one by one, by the USPS Parcel Post, as it was called back then. It was the cheapest way to get them to a remote village. Of course they all went by air.
    That is funny.
    Maybe that's why the large flat rate box is the size it is.

Boolit Master

One of my PO guys did not even know you could flat rate 70 lbs . Had it in his head the 20 lb international limit. The Regional A/B boxes I ordered a while back were the first ones my usual PO lady had seen ! Can save a lot for us mainlanders, mailed an A one today for $8.04, where the MFRB was nearly twice that . With stamps going up(August) expect all these rates to follow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12