WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Anyone have the uberti 10mm saa.

Boolit Master

Anyone have the uberti 10mm saa.

Just found one at legs, bought it because I was looking for a 10mm and never seen one on a SAA platform.
    Beautiful gun colorcase hardened frame and bright bluing even has steel grip frame.
    Can't wait to get it out of jail.
    Anyone have one that can tell me your experience with it?

Seems to me that just a couple of weeks ago this revolver was being discussed. Have you tried utilizing our search feature?

DG

Boolit Master
    Good for you! I’d have bought it too!

I’ve got a Blackhawk 10mm convertible that I mostly shoot with the 40 cylinder.
    10mm is a good power level for SAA platforms (yeah I know my Blackhawk is not a SAA platform).

What I found is the auto pistol cartridges in revolvers have good ignition bc the case capacity is smaller and the powder charge can’t get very far from the primer like the black powder cartridges. I’m looking at you 45 Colt.

I haven’t had any problem with boolit jump or slip without the crimp groove. Neck tension is what does most of the holding.

Also ejection is easy bc the cases are short.

I haven’t seen any problem with the long throats going to the forcing cone. That is I can’t measure any loss of grouping with the 10/40 Blackhawk vs Blackhawks in 45 Colt, 357 and 41.

My only knock on the 10mm cartridge is the large pistol primer. I would rather it use small pistol primers.

I think you’re going to find a 10mm in a SAA platform is a wonderful thing. I really wish there were more of them out there so I could find one too.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Oh and check out the Accurate Molds 40-172F.
    I ordered it after I had great success with 40-172E in a 38-40. Loved the wadcutter like meplat and wanted a similar boolit for my 10/40 Blackhawk. Gotta say it works great for me as a 10mm revolver almost-a-wadcutter boolit. It even feeds in a HK VP-40 and a Springfield XDM 10.

"My only knock on the 10mm cartridge is the large pistol primer. I would rather it use small pistol primers."

The 10mm is offered with small pistol primers by both Federal and Blazer. I have both, but haven't loaded any with SP, since I've got thousands of 10mm brass with large pistol primer pockets.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Banned

I had a Ruger Buckeye convertible with a 38 wcf cylinder and a 10 mm cylinder that I bought mainly for the 38 wcf. The 10 mm shot okay but I wasn’t nor am I now interested in the 10 mm!

Boolit Master
    RF, thanks for the info. Now you’ve got me on the hunt for some small pistol primer Federal or Blazer. I’ve grown accustomed to heading for the Starline web site whenever I need brass.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I had a Ruger Buckeye convertible with a 38 wcf cylinder and a 10 mm cylinder that I bought mainly for the 38 wcf. The 10 mm shot okay but I wasn’t nor am I now interested in the 10 mm!
    My experience was the opposite--which doesn't mean it should carry any more weight. I bought a Ruger 38/40-10mm single action revolver to satisfy an irrational longing to shoot the 19th century round, and was determined to ignore the 10mm. But after curiosity led me to load some odds and ends of 10mm brass I had, I found the latter round easier to load and offering greater flexibility. I still think the 38/40 is the caterpillar's spats, but as a SA revolver round the 10mm is the bee's knees.

I personally find the 10mm exactly what I want for an 'in between .357 and .44' round. I have sold my .41 Magnum and no longer reload that round. I would find a 10mm rimmed DA mid frame revolver superior to any .41--and it would no doubt be an even bigger commercial flop.

Vendor Sponsor

Size for a slip fit in the throats. Uberti are usually very good on consistent throats.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bibliotecario View Post
    I would find a 10mm rimmed DA mid frame revolver superior to any .41
    See Outpost75's posts on a 40/10mm rimmed wildcat on necked down 44 special brass,
    chambered in a ruger blackhawk/vaquero.