Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desperado 11" double barrel 12 GA pistol

Boolit Grand Master

I would love to have one... or two of those but in Canada they are considered firearms and suffer the same restrictions as as all handguns here so only legal to shoot at a registered range or on private property. Not legal to carry or shoot anywhere else.

My purposes for it would be fun and to carry for bear protection.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard66 View Post
    If it is manufactured as a pistol length it is legal in any caliber or gauge even modern pistol or rifle calibers but if manufactured as long gun must be at lest 18 inches barrel if cut shorter it becomes illegal
    yep thats what I thought - dont make sense - but again makin sense is not something that bothers legislators.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I would love to have one... or two of those but in Canada they are considered firearms and suffer the same restrictions as as all handguns here so only legal to shoot at a registered range or on private property. Not legal to carry or shoot anywhere else.

My purposes for it would be fun and to carry for bear protection.

Longbow
    most Aussies even worse than that, can only shoot it at a designated pistol range as a member of a club.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    I wish they'd make one in 50-70..
    You can install liners in the bore.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    I am curious here ----so I hear you guys are allowed to have an 11inch barrel pistol but if you cut a shotgun down to the same length you go to jail ?? makes no sense but that dont have any effect on legislators.........
    The 1934 gun act, you can't cut a rifle or shotgun barrel off to make a pistol but if the gun never had a butt stock it is not considered a shotgun or rifle. The H&R handy gun in 410 is legal to own because it never had a butt stock but there were some that did come with a butt stock and those are not legal. I discussed this with an ATF agent and got a letter from her saying my handy gun is legal to own. The thing that trows most people off is the fact that the handy gun was not made after 1934.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123