RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, June 03

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, June 03

Good morning all. An encouraging message today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, June 3, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Two Ways We Can Live

“If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.”
    —1 John 1:8

By nature, I’m a messy person. But the irony is that I don’t like messes, even though I make a lot of them. I’ll let messes build up, and then eventually I’ll start cleaning up out of frustration. In contrast, my wife, Cathe, is very neat and tidy. She doesn’t allow messes to pile up because she’s always cleaning.

So we have two approaches to cleaning: the Greg way and the Cathe way. The Greg way is to never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. If there’s some dust, sweep it under the rug. And if you want to get rid of something, just throw it in a drawer.

The Cathe way is to clean the rug and clean underneath the rug. The Cathe way is to organize the drawer you throw something into.

It’s the same way with life. There are two ways we can live. We can let messes build up into bigger problems, or we can constantly see our need to be cleansed. We all sin. Maybe some of us sin more than others, but one sin is enough to separate us from God.

The Bible says, “If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth” (1 John 1:8 NLT). So if you say, “I’m a good person. I don’t sin,” then you’re deceiving yourself. We’re all sinners because we’ve broken God’s laws and have fallen short of His standards.

Yet the next verse offers this promise: “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness” (verse 9 NLT).

You don’t have to clean up your life to come to God. Rather, come to God, and He will clean up your life.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Amen, the broadest and most inclusive definition of sin in the Bible - "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" - meditate on that a bit - My entire existence is desperately short of the glory of God. My analogy - if sin were an ocean I would be a fish, hook me and pull me up into the Glory of God and I wither and die without Christ. That is true of all of us weather we realize it or not - no one can stand in the Glory of God alone.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, Sin is a constant battle for us all as we wrestle against the flesh!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    There was only one without sin . Yes ! I'm a sinner who needs a savior .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master
    There is sin and there is SIN. We all sin but most of us, I hope, do not SIN.

It is unreasonable for God to expect perfection from His flawed design. He has dealt with that reality from the time of Eve, and He has given us a path to eternity in spite of our defects.

I struggle with people who SIN and will be granted everlasting life if they ask for grace. (BTW, let me give some examples of what I consider SIN....premediated murder, rape, abuse of the weaker etc) I would not be a "loving God" as those folks would only have a path to Hell. I have lusted for the wife of a friend but never acted on it...but just having those thoughts is a sin. Seems a bit over the top to me. If I had acted on it, that would be a SIN.

God made us a bit more thoughtful than animals. If we commit SIN, we should be made to pay the price commensurate with the crime. If we sin, we are normal, and grace is needed to make us worthy to be with God.
    Don Verna