Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: New build- an Enfield this time.

New build- an Enfield this time.

Going to start a new rifle build soon, this one will be an Enfield [my first]. Initially I was going to try and build a CLLE, Charger Loading Lee Enfield, and I may still but I think that something easier to acquire parts for will be first. Rather than just reassemble a No1 Mk3 from a bubba’ed up sporter I think that I’m going to do a cut down full stock No1 Mk3. My first 1903 rebuild was a 21 inch sporter, my Krag scout build has a 19 inch bbl so I’m thinking a 20 inch Mk3 would be different. Got a military gun show this weekend so maybe I’ll find some parts. The donor rifle is bought and hopefully will get shipped this week.

USMC 77, USRA 79

wow... lets see some pics???
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Aren't all Lee Enfields starting with the #1MK3 and ending with the Jungle Carbine
    " charger loading" already?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Prior to that.

Boolit Master
    Some if not all Enfields prior to the No.1MKIII had charger guides mounted on the bolt head if memory serves. Could be wrong so please correct me if I am. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Some if not all Enfields prior to the No.1MKIII had charger guides mounted on the bolt head if memory serves. Could be wrong so please correct me if I am. Frank
    I think that the "Long Lee Enfield" or Lee Medford had that feature. I could be wrong as well.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The bolt charger was on the SMLE mk1 and mk1*, mk1** and mk1***.
    1903 to 1907
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master
    In 2012 I decided to half way restore a No4 Mark I, that I had acquired for a nominal amount. Bubba had sawed off the forestock just past the lower barrel band with a hand saw (tooth marks are visible on the underside of the barrel), thrown away the upper handguard, the magazine, and the front sight protector ears. Other than that ... So I made a hand guard from a chunk of walnut on my woodpile, got a front sight protector, and it worked out pretty well. After I took the picture, I went back to open sights as the scope mount would not hold a zero. I call it the L-12 kind of in reference to the surplus No 4's the Canadian government provided to civilians.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-05 09.00.43.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	284268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-12 001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	284269
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Banned

Used to be able to buy a 1 piece sportier stock blank for them. Don’t know if they’re still available.

Boolit Grand Master

Sporterized a bunch of military bolt action rifles in the 1960's ... order nice semi-finished Stock Blanks from Herters , sometimes cutt off or remove parts not needed to hunt deer ( flash hider is useless) , mount scopes or receiver sights , apply a nice stock finish ... even did a 1911K Schmidt Rubin 7.5 Swiss Straight Pull in a nice French Walnut sporter stock ...98 , 96 and 95 Mausers , 303 British Jungle Carbines , a couple Japanese Ariska's ... But there was one war horse that I never got around to "sporter...or shall we say bubba ... izing"
    A No.4 MK I 303 British Enfield , made in 1942 at the Birmingham Small Arms LTD. factory low serial number , well made with bore and chamber to specification and used very little and a nice stock to boot .
    It just looked so nice and business like and I never got around to chopping it up or molesting it ... You Know What ...there's a lot to be said for Procrastination !!! It saved that fine Battle Rifle from my dumb gun butchering skills and I'm so glad It's still in WWII form ... this one is my "Assault Rifle".
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8712A298-84FE-4FF6-8DDF-82F15D3F68A0.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	284570
    Here’s the auction photo.The forend is so severely thinned that its toast. Missing everything from the recvr to the muzzle except sights. Buttstock should be ok.Been cleaning and playing with the extractor. It was frozen and jamming the case rim against the left side of the recvr so tight that the bolt wouldn’t hardly move. Cleaned and polished things and removed some of the extractor hook. Just tried 10 rds off my deck with all firing and ejecting ok. I had clipped 1/4 inch of firing pin spring yesterday to make it easier to cycle. Sets off my cci primers ok. It’s no ‘03.