MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: SAvaage-Anschutz Match 64

Boolit Grand Master

SAvaage-Anschutz Match 64

I recently bought one of these rifles, sans sights of course. No handstop either.

Knowing that I had seen adapters from the 11mm dovetail to a Redfield sight, I thought I would finally have a use for the Redfield Olympic sight set I have carted around for better than twenty five years.

Wouldn't you know Champion's Choice is out of stock, what with the panic and all.

I have figured out the angle for the sight base and how to cut an 11mm 45 degree dovetail (in theory) I just need to know how wide to make it. Failing anyone having one that can give me dimensions, I plan to set the sight in the middle of its range and take a guesstimated measurement. The part isn't that complicated, I am sure I can make it.

I could just stick a scope on it, but where's the fun in that? I want to try aperture sights first, before my eyes get any worse and I have to go to a scope.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    25.4 MM per inch so 11 MM should be .43307 at bottom of dovetail.

Boolit Grand Master
    Actually no, the metric folks measure the top of the male dovetail. It is just at 45 degrees vs. the American 30 degree 3/8" dovetail. Consequently some American rings for 3/8" grooves will work for the European 11mm dovetail.

Robert

Boolit Master
    the only problem you may find with the weaver or etc is you may have to file the edge of the base to get it to fit to get a sharp edge , i did .

Boolit Grand Master
    Boy did I screw up the title of the thread or what? I do know how to spell Savage, believe it or not.

I had an old set of Weaver rim fire rings on my CZ 452. And I just got a new set of Weaver quadlock rings that fit fine on this Savage-Anshutz and the CZ.

I just want to use aperture sights on this rifle, while I still have a chance to see them. One of our members is looking through his junk room so maybe...

Robert

Boolit Master

Sa64

Is this your huckleberry ?

My records show I sold that 64 in 2011 ! Not the last mistake I made either.

The dovetail on bottom of the sight is blind - maybe 2" adjustment in eye relief but wouldn't slide on far enough on other rifles I tried it on. Thought about d&t mount but couldn't bring myself to put holes in it and have some Lymans and Palmas around anyway - although after my 3 score and 10, using apertures is iffy.

I tried to find one for sale online so I could ask about half with no luck. So I'll PM you what it's worth to me .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SA64a.jpg   SA64b.jpg   SA64c.jpg   SA64d.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    Not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll still take it as per our PM's. It may work better than what I was thinking of.

Robert