Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Infractions are like a criminal record?

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by starnbar View Post
    Real problem is some on the board have buddies who are mods ergo if they don't like your post they rat you out because their feelings are hurt it doesn't have to be profanity just get your mod buddy to censure you .
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Have seen this some places, have not seen it here.
    exactly. We don't even give other staff members a break
    But I will tell you what happens almost on a daily basis.
    A member was issued a infraction. That member now reports ANY posts that he comes across that is in violation of the rule that he got a infraction for.
    Most of the posts the staff deals with are member reported posts. Yes, members reporting other members.
    Most of the staff reported posts are language or S&S violations.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess that I have been lucky

No infractions here. I have gotten infractions on another board for recommending prayer and replacing bad language in a quote with different characters to obccure it.

Then I got banned for one post regarding my feelings about the current occupant of the Oval Office......

Boolit Master
    I have at least one infraction (maybe more), I never checked. I just put the moderator with whom I had an issue on "ignore" so we can't cross swords anymore and carry on. Out of sight, out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I have at least one infraction (maybe more), I never checked. I just put the moderator with whom I had an issue on "ignore" so we can't cross swords anymore and carry on. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Interestingly, your profile shows no infractions at all. If a mod sent you a message you should have taken the time to read it!

DG

Boolit Master
    I am surprised that we even need moderators here. Another site that I am on has a badge of honor called band camp. It's when one gets a timeout for being an asterisked out word. The ignore feature on there is well used and I am close to having 100 people on it as it is pretty cut throat at times.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Probably true that we do a good job most of the time, but not all of the time. Like policemen, we have high standards, but are not always perfect. Where would society be without policemen (I think we're in the process of finding out..) and where would the forum be without some regulation.

Knives are not allowed for sale on this forum. Yes, gun guys are usually knife guys, and we have a sub-forum dedicated to the display and discussion of knives, but sales are currently prohibited. Why? Because management feels that there are plenty of on line forums dedicated to knives and the sale of knives. Knife guys often have huge tool rolls full of knives that they wish to sell. Have you ever been to a flea market/swap meet and seen knives for sale? If there is one knife on the table there are likely 200 of them. Therefore the decision was made not to allow the sale of knives on this forum as we would be inundated with them, ad after ad of Chinese and Pakastani cutlery, and become a flea market instead of a bullet casting and gun oriented forum.

The person and incident you have cited as disrupting the forum has been dealt with, and the problem child permanently banned. Rapidly becoming ancient history. I think you should note that the individual in question was given a second chance, and like you have observed, "he went off his rocker again. Seems like the entire matter was handled fairly to me.

DG
    The problem was I was warned to drop the concerns I had about him. Some mods had selective memory even when showed what they said and then post were deleted with what I had brought up. How was that fair for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    The problem was I was warned to drop the concerns I had about him. Some mods had selective memory even when showed what they said and then post were deleted with what I had brought up. How was that fair for the forum.
    I have no knowledge of this---it must have been before "my time" as a mod. Perhaps someone who was a mod back then can answer your question. I do know about what occurred later, and as I already said it's now water under the bridge.

DG

Boolit Master
    Interestingly, your profile shows no infractions at all. If a mod sent you a message you should have taken the time to read it!
    Like I said, I never check.

As this board has wended it's way down the twisting corridors of time, it has had many moderators. Most have been "hail fellows, well met", but there have been a few turkeys gobbling through. The turkeys have at times abused their position and taken personal revenge on posters they didn't like for whatever reason. All of this earns a big "SO WHAT", just human nature playing itself out on a different stage. Just blow it all off and move on to wherever you are going. It certainly doesn't merit this long multi-page whine.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Just blow it all off and move on to wherever you are going. It certainly doesn't merit this long multi-page whine.
    Some people enjoy the drama, and there is certainly no rule that everybody must read the thread. Feel free to ignore it.

Then there is the aspect of tangential information that sometimes floats to the surface. For instance, I had never heard of the "ignore" feature. I'm waiting for someone to explain it, and say whether or not it even exists on this forum. It sounds like it could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Some people enjoy the drama, and there is certainly no rule that everybody must read the thread. Feel free to ignore it.

Then there is the aspect of tangential information that sometimes floats to the surface. For instance, I had never heard of the "ignore" feature. I'm waiting for someone to explain it, and say whether or not it even exists on this forum. It sounds like it could be useful.
    People/posters can be put on an ignore list, not posts or threads. You ignore threads and posts, but not opening them or reading them, just like you could have done to my last post. Click on my screen name and a menu will appear. you can then click on "add to ignore list" and you will never see anything i post again. It is indeed useful.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you Charles. That was very helpful. I will put the ignore list to good use, but you certainly won't be on it.

Knowing of the existence and a little bit about it, I was able to locate the "Ignore List" in my personal information. I quickly discovered that I can edit the list to add names, and I can uncheck the appropriate box if later I decide to allow a person's posts to appear. For example, I have been the object of personal attacks on this forum. Now I can put the offender on my ignore list and not be bothered by the bad behavior (I'm pretty thin skinned). After awhile when he is tired of acting out, I can remove him from my list. Thank you again Charles.

Having progressed from the duration of infractions through implementation of the Ignore List, it is my feeling that this thread has run it's course, and all that needed to be said to answer the OP's original question has been said.

DG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123