WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, June 01

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, June 01

Good morning all. Great message and reminder today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    A Sign of the Last Days?

“Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
    —Luke 21:28

Over the past year or so, I’ve been asked quite often whether I think COVID-19 is a sign of the last days.

I would say yes. Now, the word pandemic isn’t in the Bible because it’s a modern word. But we do find the words pestilence and plague mentioned many times in the pages of Scripture.

The Bible does tell us that in the end times, there will be horrible diseases that will come upon the planet. There will be earthquakes. There also will be wars and rumors of wars (see Matthew 24:4–7).

But all these events are part of what the Bible calls the Great Tribulation, which will last for seven years. This time period begins with the emergence of the antichrist, a coming world leader, and it ends with the return of Jesus Christ.

We’re not in the Great Tribulation period yet, but Jesus compared the days leading up to His return to a woman having labor pains. The closer to the day of delivery, the closer together the labor pains come.

So as we see more of these big events—earthquakes, pandemics, pestilence, conflicts, terrorism, and so forth—they are signs of the times. And Jesus said, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near” (Luke 21:28 NKJV).

Maybe today you’re scared. Maybe you’re afraid of the afterlife. Or maybe you’re not sure whether your life is right with God.

If you want God to forgive you of your sin, if you want to know that you’ll go to Heaven when you die, if you want to be certain that when Christ returns you’ll be ready to meet Him, then you need Jesus in your life. Either get right with God or get left behind.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

I think the most meaningful interpretation of the 'end times' is this - God's gonna do what He has determined He will do and what I believe will have absolutely no impact on what God's gonna do. I humbly wait and watch and trust Him. While theorizing can have some interest it is just that, theorizing and will have no impact on God's plans.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I don't call ..'end times' . He will come as a thief in the night . But the last line of today's lesson is pure truth .

' Either get right with God or get left behind'

It doesn't get anymore easier to understand than that .
    No turning back , No turning back !