Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Need advice on 3-gun scope

Boolit Mold

Need advice on 3-gun scope

So I have been looking for a couple of 3 gun scopes and need to get a variable power scope. What are some decent ideas?
    Got few suggeation from elletbrothers and lookin for your thoughts guys.
    thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Deleted
    Last edited by Ben; 05-31-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Typically 3 Gun Rifle Stages are shot at less than 300 yards and mostly below 200. I use a Red Dot on all my Carbines however a decent 1-4X variable would also be good. There are also 1-6x and now 1-8X scopes available that are lighter weight and nice to have the extra power when shooting out past 200 yards.

If you are mounting this on an AR then one thing to keep in mind is weight. The Heavier the optic, the more it will affect the handling of the gun. Where this shows up is in the stages where there is alot of close up work. Split times between target increase as the weight increases.

This is why I use a simple Red Dot Optic. I can make hits on Man Sized targets out to 200 yards easily and out to 300 by holding 12" high. (200 yard zero) But transitions between targets up close are much faster than dealing with a scope.

For scopes look at Millet for excellent inexpensive optics, and then Bushnell an Vortex. no need to go more expensive that those.

For Red Dots you can get a good one for under $200, I use Bushnell TRS 25's and they are less than $90

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com