Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A short story bases on a friend's first time hunting with some cast bullets

Boolit Mold
    Hi. To answer a few questions no he wasn't shooting from his Jeep he was standing next to it. The bit about the bullet spinning was pure artistic licence on my part although I have recovered several from animal I killed "Jeff" didn't think to dig it up. Also just FYI it was a depredation hunt in southern Utah.

Boolit Master
    Now there is something that's catchy! "Boolit Art" --To paint the picture In the Minds of Man! I like it!

Boolit Grand Master

Gun Nut I am a compulsive reader - and have learned a lot about writing in the process, although I am a terrible writer. The short story is commonly described as the most difficult form to write well. A truly imaginative story, like The Tell Tale Heart, or The Revenge of Red Wolf, or To Light A Fire, are all bereft of many specific details that the mind fills in. It's part of the skill of short story writing, and you obviously are good at it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Mold
    I really appreciate all the nice things everyone's said, I have a few more stories written but this was the only one about hunting with cast boolets, well I guess I have another one about hunting and cast bullets are in it, should I post it here?

Boolit Grand Master

Sure, post it here. I enjoyed your short story. Those always leave unanswered questions which is why they stimulate the imagination. Well done.....
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Go For It! I'll back off, I promise. We've had a lot of fun & it's great to see that you are not thin skinned. Welcome Aboard!!! It's always good to see the hearts & minds of others unfold. You do well with words. And again, Welcome Aboard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12