Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackhawk in .30 carbine

Boolit Buddy
    john goings did a great article on using 32-20 cases instead of the30 carbine, it has worked for me for about 8 years now. look it up it is on this site.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by green mountain boy View Post
    john goings did a great article on using 32-20 cases instead of the30 carbine, it has worked for me for about 8 years now. look it up it is on this site.
    My 4 digit Blackhawk 30 Carbine won't take rimmed cases, as the early models had longer cylinders, nearly flat against the recoil shield, as did all of them. Since the New Models (without rebated case heads) are now nearly 50 years old, this does not come up often, but must be considered if looking at an older revolver.

Banned

I actually sat down and shot it off bags this evening at 25 yards using that Alcan 7 load, the gun is pretty accurate, probably more accurate than I am with a pistol.

Boolit Master

I had a lot of fun writing that article on the .30 Carbine Blackhawk. You can do so much with them from plinking to full throttle loads. I've even shot the 150 grainers is them. My advice on getting one is to sit down and trim all the cases you have as they're all over the place in length. Look at my article on castpics on Cast in the .30 Carbine Ruger./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I had one many years ago and the surplus 30 carbine loads were a blast to shoot. Pun intended.
    The muzzle flash was impressive to say the least!
    It usually cleared out the lanes either side of me.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I have wanted one ever since I first saw one in the shop I was working at after school.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master
    Over the years I have had 3 of these 30 Carbine BHs, still have one made ~ 2013. Dimensionally perfect--.3085" throats, .300" x .308" barrel. Castings sized .309" drive tacks, from 800 FPS to 1500+FPS (#311419 and 2400). W-W 30 Carbine brass throughout, CCI 500 for light loads and Rem #6-1/2 in the blasters. Don't say "Obnoxiously loud" like it's some bad thing.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12