RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionADvertise hereRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading UKTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: My nra jacket

  1. #1
    Boolit Master
    GOPHER SLAYER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cherry Valley ,Ca.
    Posts
    2,407

    My nra jacket

    My wife , without my knowledge ordered me an NRA jacket and hat. It is beautiful. I was joking that it arrived at the wrong time of year. This morning we had breakfast at a small local cafe. No tables were available inside so we ate on the patio. A cool wind came up and we were freezing. I could have used the new jacket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NRA JACKET 003.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	283668  
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

  2. #2
    Boolit Master Handloader109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,778
    nice jacket, she get it at closeout price? Might be a real collector item in a few months...

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, Tn.
    Posts
    577
    Very nice jacket. The NRA is still a great organization that just needs to clear out its leadership.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

  4. #4
    Boolit Master


    MrWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE West Virginia
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Very nice jacket. The NRA is still a great organization that just needs to clear out its leadership.
    Totally agree with your comment.

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    slim1836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burleson, TX
    Posts
    1,635
    Very nice, looks like a good, summer riding jacket. Is it leather?

    Slim
    RETIRED
    NOT MY PROBLEM ANYMORE

  6. #6
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    southern illinois
    Posts
    251
    Thats a snazzy lookin jacket and it seems you have a very nice wife.................Curdog

  7. #7
    Boolit Man Norcal707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Kalifornistan
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Very nice, looks like a good, summer riding jacket. Is it leather?

    Slim
    Probably the finest - Chinese leather, that is...

  8. #8
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    brisbane ,qld,australia
    Posts
    1,455
    Probably not...a lot of leather product come from Pakistan or South Africa these days ,thats the budget end of the market I can afford ,anyway.......more expensive comes from custom made to measure shops that can be anywhere.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master
    GOPHER SLAYER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cherry Valley ,Ca.
    Posts
    2,407
    Yes, my wife is a jewel beyond price. Come June 13th {it was a Friday} she will have put up with me for 63 years. The jacket was made in Pakistan of a high quality leather. I love the smell of leather. Properly cared for it will still be in great shape when my Grandson gets it. My sweetheart also bought me on of the heavy canvas jackets.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 05-30-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

  10. #10
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,147
    Very nice……..I have one of their heavy canvas jackets!
    NRA Endowment member
    NRA Life Member

  11. #11
    Boolit Master


    buckwheatpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Very nice jacket. The NRA is still a great organization that just needs to clear out its leadership.
    I agree with bakerjw and Mr.Wolf....it is time to reset the total leadership and the way they elect them!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

    "Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

  12. #12
    Boolit Master



    shooterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,554
    NRA is like the country . Mostly good people with poor leaders !
    Lot of leather products are made from US cowhide , even foreign made ball gloves . Labor so cheap in the 3rd world we can ship hides there and ship back in a finished product for less than making here . We still eat plenty of beef so plenty of hides !

  13. #13
    Boolit Man Norcal707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Northern Kalifornistan
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Probably not...a lot of leather product come from Pakistan or South Africa these days ,thats the budget end of the market I can afford ,anyway.......more expensive comes from custom made to measure shops that can be anywhere.
    Your sarcasm detector needs calibration.

  14. #14
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    brisbane ,qld,australia
    Posts
    1,455
    I dont see any sarcasm...simple statement of facts....and custom leather is very expensive ,beyond my budget.

  15. #15
    Boolit Grand Master

    gwpercle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,749
    LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!
    I'm hitting the like button , that we don't have yet , three times .

    Totally Awesome !
    Good wives are a Blessing !
    And the Hat and Jacket are nice too .

    Thanks for reminding me ... I need a new NRA hat for summer ...
    might splurge and get a new T-Shirt too ... yeah !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables

  16. #16
    Boolit Grand Master








    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    16,963
    thank you for supporting the biggest ally we have in the fight for our second amemendment rights. they may have some bad apples but they still do more to protect my guns then some here that cant wait to take a poke at them and do nothing.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

  17. #17
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    186
    Enjoy it. It looks like a nice jacket, and your wife is a dear for giving it to you. I wouldn't want or wear one, but you do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    thank you for supporting the biggest ally we have in the fight for our second amemendment rights. they may have some bad apples but they still do more to protect my guns then some here that cant wait to take a poke at them and do nothing.
    The NRA is dead to me, and Wayne can EABOD and die. They're toast after that bankruptcy sham. Leticia James is going to shut them down hard. Wayne and his cronies are thieves and have been stealing YOUR money and using it to enrich themselves rather than support the 2A. I don't understand how you can continue to support them while Wayne is at the helm stealing your ****. You're like a battered wife, or something. "Oh, he only hits me when he's drunk, but he's a really good guy and he loves me, and he sticks up for my second amendment rights." OK, boomer.

    Anyway, I gave $100 to GOA in your honor after our last NRA is Awesome thread, Lloyd...What have you done lately? I'm sure Wayne appreciated the donation, whatever it was.

  18. #18
    Boolit Grand Master








    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    16,963
    Well its really none of your business but im a life member of the nra and send a check to both the Nra and goa every year. Im also a member of a local gun rights organization and am active in fund raising for it and all of our money goes to the Nra and goa. Now ask yourself where our gun rights would be today if the NRA never existed!! Do you buy cars and trucks. How much of that money goes to gready ceos. What about your cell phone and computer. Who do you think makes big money off of them? Silicone valley and the liberals that run it. But then you still support them! Im not a fan of wayne either. Id like to see him gone. If EVERY gun owner in this country joined the nra theyd have the power to whip any of those nut case liberals and wed also have the voting power to send wayne down the road. I guess though sticking your head in the sand and complaining will surely get more done. That kind of attitude is just what the liberals want to instill in us. They want us to DETEST then NRA. They know when the NRA goes down so does our fight.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

  19. #19
    Boolit Master


    Ickisrulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Shawnee, OK
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Well its really none of your business but im a life member of the nra and send a check to both the Nra and goa every year. Im also a member of a local gun rights organization and am active in fund raising for it and all of our money goes to the Nra and goa. Now ask yourself where our gun rights would be today if the NRA never existed!! Do you buy cars and trucks. How much of that money goes to gready ceos. What about your cell phone and computer. Who do you think makes big money off of them? Silicone valley and the liberals that run it. But then you still support them! Im not a fan of wayne either. Id like to see him gone. If EVERY gun owner in this country joined the nra theyd have the power to whip any of those nut case liberals and wed also have the voting power to send wayne down the road. I guess though sticking your head in the sand and complaining will surely get more done. That kind of attitude is just what the liberals want to instill in us. They want us to DETEST then NRA. They know when the NRA goes down so does our fight.
    The NRA is a nonprofit organization. Automobile companies are in business to make a profit. It is not a fitting comparison.

  20. #20
    Boolit Grand Master








    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    16,963
    you support them by spending your money. Dont see how that doesnt compare
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check