RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, May 29

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, May 29

Good morning all. Everything in God's way, or nothing works. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, May 29, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Marriage God’s Way

“As the Scriptures say, ‘A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.’”
    —Ephesians 5:31

A survey of millennials found that 43 percent would support a “beta marriage” model in which a couple tests the relationship for two years before they decide whether to commit to it or dissolve it.

In addition, 36 percent of millennials backed the “real estate marriage” model where couples commit to a set period of time ranging from five to 30 years. At the end of that period, they have to renegotiate if they want to remain married.

But here’s why neither of those marriage models will work. Studies show that couples who live together have a far higher divorce rate than those who don’t. So if you want to set your marriage up for failure, then live together.

In fact, I wish we could strike the word divorce from our vocabularies. If you’re planning to go into marriage thinking that you will get out of it here or there, then don’t get married. When a couple gets married, they need to commit to each other for a lifetime.

We need to constantly grow in our marriages, and God has given us a user’s manual for how to have a successful and blessed marriage. It’s called the Bible.

When couples come to me and blame each other for the problems in their marriage, I can see what the issue is. They’re not taking any responsibility. Both people have to work at having a good marriage, because it doesn’t happen by accident.

I think sometimes we think that marriage should be like a fairy tale: “and they lived happily ever after.” It doesn’t always work out that way, but I do believe that a couple can live happily even after, if they do it God’s way.

So instead of the beta marriage model or the real estate marriage model, choose God’s model for marriage: a lifelong commitment.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

" When a couple gets married, they need to commit to each other for a lifetime."

I think 95% of all couples do not do this. If your not going to commit totally, why bother?

Last, IMO a marriage is a 3 way contract between a Man, a Woman, and God.
    The man and woman can tear up their copies, but God still has his, and still considers them married.
    That means any sex after that point is adultery.

The Lord and I had some pretty interesting discussions on the subject until I remembered that even the biblical Jews had divorce.
    It was limited, very limited, but very real. So I did some research. Pointed out that her first husband abandoned her during her pregnancy, took up with her best friend. Had 4 children out of wedlock while she was married to another man. Failed to support his daughter fully. Child support was an on/off thing for him. And then I pointed out that he did all this 10 years ago. How long does she have to wait for a divorce Lord?

He stopped giving me a hard time about Adultery. And her ex suddenly had a string of really crappy luck. If you want to call it that.
    Good ol Murphy, if it can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible time.

Be sure, be ready to hang up all your toys, your commitments, what you enjoy doing and give it ALL to making that marriage work.

Wife and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary, and we started late. I was 44. It can be done but it takes 2 and both have to want it and be willing to work at it to make it work.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amen, Marriage is the way God set it up and that is the only way to please Him. Today's world wants no responsibility and wants out when things become too tough or they want someone else and that is not of God!