Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Ruger Mark 4 Lite barrel fit a Mark 4 Standard frame?

Banned

Ruger Mark 4 Lite barrel fit a Mark 4 Standard frame?

Folks,
    Will a Ruger Mark 4 Lite barrel fit a Ruger Mark 4 Standard Frame? I’d like to have the option of adding the rail, threads, and adjustable rear sight to the Mark 4 Standard that I just bought.
    Let me know.

Boolit Master
    Unless you find a really good deal on a used barrel/receiver , sights , rails and screws like you want , money wise a second complete gun may be a better way to go. But you never know what you might find if you are patient when looking for the parts you want.
    Also the barrel/receiver has the serial # so might require the same fees and requirements as the complete pistol.

Boolit Master
    To answer the OP's question.
    Generally,, yes.
    Only caveat would be if one part has been fitted slightly differently than the other. But that's kinda rare. Quite often people buy different uppers to swap stuff around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Unless you find a really good deal on a used barrel/receiver , sights , rails and screws like you want , money wise a second complete gun may be a better way to go. But you never know what you might find if you are patient when looking for the parts you want.
    Also the barrel/receiver has the serial # so might require the same fees and requirements as the complete pistol.
    That second serial number really seems to bother some people. I'm not one of them. Thanks for the patience tip but . . .my question was "will it fit?"

Boolit Master

The barrel and receiver on a Ruger Mark is the firearm. It's been that way forever. The grip frame is not considered a firearm.

To the OP.

It might work.

I say that because I have two Ruger MK III 22/45 pistols and the top ends won't interchange. However, on my several Ruger MK II pistols the top ends will fit every grip.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Butzbach View Post
    That second serial number really seems to bother some people. I'm not one of them. Thanks for the patience tip but . . .my question was "will it fit?"
    There is no second serial number. The serial number is on the receiver/barrel assembly. Not on the grip frame.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Butzbach View Post
    See if the bolt for each has the same part # from Ruger then you will know if your bolt will work .
    Check and see if the grip frames from Ruger have the same part # on the 2 you want to mix and you will know if they will interchange . Or if you have a gun store you are on good terms with they may let you bring in your grip frame to try the other upper on if they have one in stock .
    Or one of the folks here may be able to let you know .
    If you are coming thru OKC anytime soon send me a pm and you can try my MK4 tactical top end on yours

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    There is no second serial number. The serial number is on the receiver/barrel assembly. Not on the grip frame.
    Yes, I am aware. The 2nd serial number will be on the Lite barrel I buy to fit on my already owned Standard frame. IF IT FITS!

Ask Voltquahrsen ( I hope I spelled it correctly)- or Brownells, or Ruger. Someone has tried it, one would think.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Banned
    See if the bolt for each has the same part # from Ruger then you will know if your bolt will work .
    Check and see if the grip frames from Ruger have the same part # on the 2 you want to mix and you will know if they will interchange . Or if you have a gun store you are on good terms with they may let you bring in your grip frame to try the other upper on if they have one in stock .
    Or one of the folks here may be able to let you know .
    If you are coming thru OKC anytime soon send me a pm and you can try my MK4 tactical top end on yours
    Thank you for offering your Tactical top end for a trial. I might make it to Tulsa for the next Wanemacher show but I don’t get to OKC anymore. Thanks again!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Ask Voltquahrsen ( I hope I spelled it correctly)- or Brownells, or Ruger. Someone has tried it, one would think.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Good idea. I just submitted a question to Ruger technical support. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Boolit Master
    Ruger will tell you NOT to do it. LIABILITY on their end. Call some of the others.

Banned
    Reply from Ruger Technical Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.
    Your Customer Service Issue # is 10290559
    Good Morning Butzbach,
    Unfortunatly, we do not recommend altering any of our firearms from the original configuration. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Thank you for choosing Ruger!
    Ruger Customer Service

Boolit Master
    They have a mk4 grip frame for sale here that they say fits all mk4 models if I read it right so it would appear that the uppers would be interchangeable this is assuming no difference in the bolt for the lightweight receiver model.
    https://store.wirthweinguns.com/Ruge...p-2245-fde.htm
    My point about the serial # on the receiver is it would have to ship to FFL holder unless you find one local so you would have transfer fees .
    I had one of the standard model stainless when they first came out and bought a 10" AMT bull barrel and receiver grooved for a scope and put an aim point on it . When I was done it would have only cost a few dollars more with FFL fee (less the aim point )to buy a complete bull barrel pistol. That was my point in my first post. Just something to think about .

Boolit Master
    I fully expected that answer from Ruger.

Now,, contact one of the other companies & see what they offer.