Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: God, the killer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    you guys can sure twist the words to fit your agenda. If preaching doesnt work out for you you should look at a career as a democratic politician.
    I would like to know what words you think I am twisting. BTW, I am not a preacher, just an educated layman.

Banned

what formal education in the bible do you have or is that just a self appointed title. tell me what makes your opinion more valid then mine.

Boolit Master

what formal education in the bible do you have or is that just a self appointed title. tell me what makes your opinion more valid then mine.
    I see we're onto another point of contention now.

My formal education in the Bible:

Four year degree (BA) in Church Ministries/Biblical Studies from Southwestern Assemblies of God University (Waxahachie, TX). I concentrated on OT studies. Before that, I spent late 1985 to early 1987 (no degree) studying at Grace Bible Institute in Rome, NY (school is now defunct after combining with another). Then there is the time and effort I have expended over the years in continued personal study.

Does this make my opinion more valid that yours? I'll let you decide that.

I am not sure that "educated layman" is a title.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 06-04-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Banned

well considering my priest didnt have the sin of pride and told me that my opinion is just as valid as his id say no. Youll see that even if you do pastor a church theres opinions other then your own and if it was cut and dried and 4 years of school taught you the one and only truth there wouldnt be over a 100 different christain churches and new ones popping up every day because someone thinks THERE opinion is more valid then someone elses. Seems theres MANY EDUCATED and i mean unlike me FORMALY educated people that would stand in line to argue the meaning of scripture with you. Difference seems to be that i respect your right to your opinion and you that was just schooled by someone with there opinion to believe like they do thinks its your way or the highway.

This is a very good example of what i said. The bible is used for good but it is also weaponized to win arguements and bolster egos. Personaly i could give a rip that you feel you found some hidden meaning that i missed. To me its a book. A book that should be used ONLY for good and as a guide to living like Jesus said we must. Its not some sacred idol that needs to be poured over or worshiped. IT shouldnt be the centerpiece to your teaching. It should be a guide to your teaching. But what it wasnt intended to do is to be used to make someone feel there inadequate in the eyes of God because they didnt memorize it or spend thousands of hours trying to do the impossible. That is knowing how God thinks.

Like ive said MANY times. There is no bible scripture test at the pearly gates. IF you studied it to become a pastor and do some good then im the first to pat you on the back no matter what church your in but thats usually not the case. What i see it used for more then anything is a tool to put other people down, to prove other churhes with GOOD christians are wrong, to prove other people are sinners by someone who is every bit as much of a sinner as me. In my opinion just the fact its used on a cast bullet forum where you KNOW your not going to change anyones mind. On a site that i doubt a single person came to be save just reinforces my opinion that your purpose isnt saving souls its making you feel superior. Thats it im out of here. You can have the last word. Maybe end with a scripture quote telling me why you will be in line at the pearly gates way ahead of me. A lowly catholic that only graduated high school and did my soul searching with an m16 in my hand not at a university. Did my bible reading for the most part in a hosptial not at a seminary. You can twist it if you want. You can say my ideas are even blasphemy. But you dont know me or how i lead my life so your opinion doesnt mean squat to me.

Boolit Master

well considering my priest didnt have the sin of pride and told me that my opinion is just as valid as his id say no. Youll see that even if you do pastor a church theres opinions other then your own and if it was cut and dried and 4 years of school taught you the one and only truth there wouldnt be over a 100 different christain churches and new ones popping up every day because someone thinks THERE opinion is more valid then someone elses. Seems theres MANY EDUCATED and i mean unlike me FORMALY educated people that would stand in line to argue the meaning of scripture with you. Difference seems to be that i respect your right to your opinion and you that was just schooled by someone with there opinion to believe like they do thinks its your way or the highway.

This is a very good example of what i said. The bible is used for good but it is also weaponized to win arguements and bolster egos. Personaly i could give a rip that you feel you found some hidden meaning that i missed. To me its a book. A book that should be used ONLY for good and as a guide to living like Jesus said we must. Its not some sacred idol that needs to be poured over or worshiped. IT shouldnt be the centerpiece to your teaching. It should be a guide to your teaching. But what it wasnt intended to do is to be used to make someone feel there inadequate in the eyes of God because they didnt memorize it or spend thousands of hours trying to do the impossible. That is knowing how God thinks.

Like ive said MANY times. There is no bible scripture test at the pearly gates. IF you studied it to become a pastor and do some good then im the first to pat you on the back no matter what church your in but thats usually not the case. What i see it used for more then anything is a tool to put other people down, to prove other churhes with GOOD christians are wrong, to prove other people are sinners by someone who is every bit as much of a sinner as me. In my opinion just the fact its used on a cast bullet forum where you KNOW your not going to change anyones mind. On a site that i doubt a single person came to be save just reinforces my opinion that your purpose isnt saving souls its making you feel superior. Thats it im out of here. You can have the last word. Maybe end with a scripture quote telling me why you will be in line at the pearly gates way ahead of me. A lowly catholic that only graduated high school and did my soul searching with an m16 in my hand not at a university. Did my bible reading for the most part in a hosptial not at a seminary. You can twist it if you want. You can say my ideas are even blasphemy. But you dont know me or how i lead my life so your opinion doesnt mean squat to me.
    Well I answered your question. I guess the answer was not what you expected or wanted. Now your argument is that formal education doesn't give anyone an edge in understanding over those without it.

Where did I ever say it was my way of the highway? There are people (e.g., Char-gar, 1hole and Wayne Smith) on here who have some good thoughts, but I am not always going to agree with them. Can I learn anything about the Bible from you? No, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have to ask, why do you even make comments here? You obviously have an ax to grind when it comes to the Bible and Christians. If you know you're not going to change anyone's mind, why waste your effort?
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 06-05-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Gentlemen: I have reviewed this thread in detail, and have decided to close it. The First Amendment of the Constitution we all cherish permits the exercise of both Free Speech and Freedom of Religion. That has certain been exercised in this thread, but it has gone from a theological discussion to casting aspersions on the religious beliefs of other members and their qualifications to hold them. Continued discussion seems to hold no promise of enlightenment. If you disagree with the closure you may state your case to the Forum Owner, No_1, who may see fit to reverse this decision, or begin again with another thread and fresh attitudes.

DG

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456