Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some Condensed Milk Recipe's

Boolit Master

Need some Condensed Milk Recipe's

Was in a group talking and I said caned condensed milk was used to cook with and one of the young ladies asked if I had any recipes using it. I had to say no, but I said I would have some for our next get-to-gather. She ask I bring a cake, pie, and main meal item made with it. I would have asked mom but she is no longer with us. I know she made cream peas and cakes with it.

Boolit Buddy
    The first thing that comes to my mind is fudge! My cousin makes it with our grandmother’s recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s quick and easy but i’ve never actually made it. I’ll see if I can get the recipe from her.

Fudge is #1 on my list. Empty a can into a large (I use 6 qt pyrex) on top of it pour a package and a half of your favorite chocolate chips. 1 of semi sweet and a half of milk chocolate is a nice combo.

Microwave on high until the chips start to melt and the condensed milk starts working up.

Beat with a wooden spoon until it goes from dull to shiny surface. Empty into a baking dish, waxed or parchment on the bottom helps. After it cools cut into squares.

#2 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 can pie filling, cherry is good. 1 Can crushed Pineapple, 1 large container of cool whip.
    Mix well, spoon into smaller containers and freeze, or leave in the fridge. Almost like very fruity ice cream.
    Technically it is a fruit salad. I just got told this recipe by my neighbor, and I want to play with it some. Like blueberry pie filling, or mandarin oranges vs Pineapple.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Vendor Sponsor

Sweetened condensed milk is one of the main ingredients in Vietnamese coffee, which is DELICIOUS if you've ever had one made the authentic way..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    you need more than that

Boolit Master

You’re not thinking Evaporated Milk are you? Condensed milk is thick and sweet, used for desserts a lot. My wife uses Evap for a tuna noodle casserole. I made the mistake of using condensed milk in a soup once. No Blue Ribbon on that one.
    You can alway look up ‘recipes using condensed milk’ on line.
    Should find plenty.

Boolit Master
    I think that we used to put a closed can of condensed milk in a hot water bath for some period, then open the can and get caramel topping for ice cream.

Boolit Master
    Evaporated milk makes fantastic milk gravy! Sweetened condensed milk makes any fruit salad better, Thai tea is another favorite in smoking hot summer weather (orange color tea+sweetened condensed milk over crushed ice)! Look up how to make melon milk, another yummy drink. Last but not least, mix a can of eagle brand into half gallon of powdered milk, refrigerate and you'll swear your drinking fresh milk!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I think that we used to put a closed can of condensed milk in a hot water bath for some period, then open the can and get caramel topping for ice cream.
    Taking it to a slow boil for 3 hours or so then letting it cool gets you the equivalent of Dulce de Leche. A South American sweet caramel used on fruit and desserts.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Condensed milk normally contains a lot of added sugar. What is amazing and probably it’s original purpose, is how it resists turning sour. I’ve seen an open can sit on a table in the tropics for a week and not go bad. I’ve reduced my sugar these days, but used to love in my coffee in the morning.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Taking it to a slow boil for 3 hours or so then letting it cool gets you the equivalent of Dulce de Leche. A South American sweet caramel used on fruit and desserts.
    That’s what I’m talking about!

Moderator Emeritus

Evaporated milk is used to make pumpkin pie! Follow the recipe on the can of Libby's pumpkin(NOT pumpkin pie filling, plain old pumpkin). I double the amount of cinnamon in mine just because I like it!

Boolit Master
    Root beer float ice cream. One can of condensed milk and some root beer in the ice cream maker.

My wife made dulce de leche last weekend.

I can't come up with a main dish at the moment.

Boolit Master

My Dad used to use Evaporated Milk to make sausage gravy on Fishing & Hunting trips.
    Heated Condensed Milk was used for Coffee/Milk for the Boys to drink. We had no time for Hot Chocolate in the mornings.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    I was raised having an open can of sweetened condensed milk in the cupboard. As I got a bit older and could reach the cupboard, I learned how to quickly grab the open can, take a quick suck on it, and walk away enjoying my stolen treat. Then my mom started noticing that the can was emptying much faster than usual
    . Lol. I also learned to be more careful in my pilfering ways.

Boolit Buddy
    I used Evaporated milk in a key lime pie when I ran out of condensed milk. Added some cornstarch to thicken it to the right consistency then it was fine. You can control how much sugar you put in it.
    Evap is great over rhubarb crisp, fresh saskatoons, raspberries too. Bread pudding also come to mind. Dang, now I'm hungry.

Limon lime powdered drink mix and condensed milk all mixed with corn snow for a backpacking desert.

Banned

My mom used canned milk for main dishes, but it wasn't sweetened. The sweetened stuff was only for candies and desserts.

Boolit Master

Evaporated milk makes great gravy and is real good in mashed potatoes but I'm not sure that's what the op is talking about, he should check back in.

Boolit Master
    The OP asked for recipes. Here is my offering for a dessert using sweetened condensed milk. Definitely not low cal but very good.

WHITE CHOCOLATE PUDDING DESSERT

2 - Packages Jello White Chocolate Instant Pudding
    1 - 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
    1 - block Cream Cheese, pre-softened
    1 - 8 oz Cool Whip
    2 - Cups Milk
    Vanilla Wafers
    Caramel sauce

Line the bottom of an 8X11 inch pan with Vanilla wafers and set aside.
    With an electric mixer, blend the pre-softened cream cheese with the condensed milk, milk, and half of the Cool-Whip, then blend in both packages of pudding. Spoon into the prepared pan and level. Top with remaining Cool-Whip. Stand vanilla wafers around the edge of the pan to complete the crust.
    Top with caramel sauce when served, if desired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast