WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some Condensed Milk Recipe's

Boolit Buddy
    An easy pie. Low boil two cans of condensed milk for 3- 3 1/2 hours with enough water to cover the cans. This will turn it into caramel. Use soft butter and graham crackers to make a pie crust in your pie tin. Refrigerate the crust. Add the juice of a lemon to some water and core and slice a couple of apples adding them to the lemon water. When the caramel is finished cooking and cooled open the cans and spread a layer of caramel in the pie crust. Take the apple slices and blot dry. Layer the apple slices on top of the caramel in the pie tin. Then cover the apple slices with more caramel. Crush or hammer some cashew nut to the size of peas and top the pie. Cover with plastic wrap and put the pie in the freezer to set a couple of hours or more. A serving is about 1/2 of a normal pie piece as this taffy apple pie is really sweet.

Boolit Master
    I had meant Evaporated milk but I like the condensed milk recipe's also. I had forgot about the sweetness when I posted. That's what age and un-use of an item makes you forget. Dad used condensed milk when he made ice cream.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    I had meant Evaporated milk but I like the condensed milk recipe's also. I had forgot about the sweetness when I posted. That's what age and un-use of an item makes you forget. Dad used condensed milk when he made ice cream.
    What recipes do you want ? Evaporated Milk (it's not sweet) and can be used in any recipe that calls for milk ...mix Evaporated Milk + Water equal parts = whole milk. A lot of recipes exists for evaporated milk , look at the back of the can . Another old school name is "canned milk".

Condensed Milk is super sweet and thick and usually found in dessert or sweet recipies .

My Mom kept cans of both in the pantry ... they didn't need refrigeration and had a long shelf life .
    Some mornings I remember eating Corn Flakes with evaporated milk + a little water when we ran out of regular milk . I liked that !
    Usually some recipes on the backs of cans and a web site to download more recipes , check these out . I have a Corn and Shrimp Chowder that uses evaporated milk , whole milk or half and half ... look for it in the recipe section or I can post it again .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    gwpercle It has been years since my use of evaporated milk so had forgot how to even use it. When the group gets together this week I will be ready. Thanks as I don't need recipe's for the group now.

Boolit Grand Master

Awesome ... I'm sure some good eats will be had by all !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    I'm sure this is obvious, but when boiling to make caramel, make sure the cans stay covered with water. My ex wife tried making it once, I was deployed at the time, and she let the water boil out to the point the cans were exposed. And one can blew up all over the kitchen. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12