Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bl-c(2)

Boolit Master
    Has always been my favorite in 5.56 for AR-15. I love those old labels on your cans.

I ordered an 8lb keg of H4831 from a small company in NY and they sent an 8 lb'er of BL-C2 instead. When I called them, they said oop's and promptly sent the H4841. I asked what to do with the BL-C2 and they said just keep it! That was in 1975 during my magnum days so it languished in my stash until I started loading 308's ans 223's. It is a very forgiving powder and gives excellent accuracy. It likes 150 and 165 gr jacketed in a 308 and gives a terrific muzzle flash with lighter weights. I have had success with standard primers in the 223 but mags in the 308. It is a little bit dirty burning even though it does burn completely. You have scored well.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I use it in the 300 Savage, works well in many cartridges, 308,30-30, even 35 Rem. I find that it it can leave a hard residue in the barrel, causing 'flyers' for a shot or two out of a dirty cold barrel. Can be heat sensitive, over 80-90*, you might need to drop down a grain or two from 50-60* temperature developed loads. Measures very nice, more muzzle flash and blast than some other powders at same load levels, even from my 24" Savage 300 barrel.

Boolit Master

Used to be a go to powder in the 219 Don Wasp. I still use it in mine.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Way back in the way back, we used it successfully in my friend's 700 BDL .17 Remington.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

.223 and Hornady 55 grain soft points. I still have 7-8 pounds and 3K jsp's.

Waiting to get loaded into empties when I get them.

Boolit Grand Master
    In the 30-30 I used 35.0 Grains with a Speer 150 grain JSP, or 30 Grains for a 170 grain JSP. (Loads taken from Lyman 46th--been a while). I don't recall ever using it for cast, but it ought to work just fine.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Keep an eye on it. It's good powder but the cardboard cans will let the volatiles out. The 'Good Smell' we refer to is ether. I can not imagine cardboard containing ether forever.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12