Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, May 25

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, May 25

Good morning all. Today's devotion hit home for me. Not a prodigal child, but my youngest brother. Please join me in prayer for him. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Why Keep Praying?

“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.”
    —2 Peter 3:9

Billy and Ruth Graham once had a prodigal son named Franklin. He lived a rebellious life, but his parents never gave up on him. They just kept praying, and ultimately, Franklin came back to the Lord. Today, he’s someone whom God is using powerfully.

What an example for us to keep praying for our children and not give up on them. Of course, the Devil will whisper in your ear and tell you that it’s too late for your kids, and they’ll never change. But don’t listen to him. He’s a liar and the father of lies (see John 8:44).

If you have a son or daughter who has taken a prodigal turn, don’t give up on your child. Both of my sons were prodigals for a time, but they returned to the Lord. So keep praying, because your child isn’t beyond God’s reach. And by the way, you’re praying according to the will of God when you’re praying for someone to come back to the Lord. So keep praying.

In fact, Luke 18:1 tells us that “Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up” (NLT).

On the other hand, if you’re the prodigal child, I want you to know that you’re breaking your parents’ hearts. Whatever you’re chasing after isn’t going to satisfy you, and eventually you’ll come to the end of it. But I hope that you don’t come to the end of it at the end of your years and, as a result, throw your life away. You need to come back to the Lord.

The Bible tells us that God is “not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9 NKJV). It’s the heart of God to see people come to Him—or come back to Him.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, This was my older brother who we always prayed to return and in Gods timing he came back!

Boolit Master
    I have a 46 year old prodigal son and I plead the Blood of Jesus on him every day. It is not over until God says it's over.

Boolit Master

I too have a Brother who needs praying for. And many of us are living proof that it's never too late
    Being human is not for sissies.

I was down the wrong track for twenty +years of my life. I've now come back into the fold, and thankful for the chance. I don't know what God has in store for me during the rest of my time on this earth, but whatever it is I'll do it with and for him. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.