WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .32 Rimfire boolits or mold

Boolit Buddy

.32 Rimfire boolits or mold

Howdy
    Just picked up a very nice (actually better than that) Remington #2 rolling block in .32 rimfire, elegant little rifle. I might be getting some brass but need to find the bullets or a mold for .32 rimfire bullets. Everything I've seen says the bullets need to be "shouldered" for rimfire. Is that about the same as a gas check bullet as far as the mold is concered? Every thing in the World is "back ordered" now except my bills but would still like to pursue fodder for this sweet little rifle.

Thank you!

Ed Zeranski KG6UTS
    San Diego/ Borrego Springs.

Boolit Grand Master
    There are a few threads here that deal with making brass. .32 Long Colt, if you can find it works well.

From what I've found, most of the No 2's were actually chambered for the .32 XL but just like the .22, shorter cartridges work.

Tom at Accurate molds has a few different variations of heeled bullet molds that work for the .32 Long/ whatever. No idea what his delivery times are like now, but historically, he has been a fast delivery type.

First thing to do is convert it to center fire, I think the easiest way is to get one of the new breech blocks from Oklahoma.

Good Luck with your new to you No 2.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    There are a few threads here that deal with making brass. .32 Long Colt, if you can find it works well.

From what I've found, most of the No 2's were actually chambered for the .32 XL but just like the .22, shorter cartridges work.

Tom at Accurate molds has a few different variations of heeled bullet molds that work for the .32 Long/ whatever. No idea what his delivery times are like now, but historically, he has been a fast delivery type.

First thing to do is convert it to center fire, I think the easiest way is to get one of the new breech blocks from Oklahoma.

Good Luck with your new to you No 2.

Robert
    I want to try the RF first but if no luck will convert to .32-30

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZ KG6UTS View Post
    I want to try the RF first but if no luck will convert to .32-30
    OOPS! .32-20.....fat fingered that one.

Boolit Man
    I bought myself a Christmas gift of 2 tip-up S&W revolvers, one of which is a 32rf (model 1-1/2). I won’t own a gun that I won’t or can’t shoot so I made a chamber adapter to 22 rf short and have shot both 22 colibri ammo as well as 32 caliber RN lead bullets over a 22 short blank. All I needed was a 3/8” brass rod from Amazon and did the work with a file on my drill press and then with a vise under the drillpress and wire drill in the drill press (I forget the size but it’s easy to look up what you can use as a 22 chamber reamer). It worked really well, and the first one only took me an hour. The other 5 took about 20 minutes each since I knew what I was doing at that point.

There are also commercial chamber adapters that are cheap enough to buy, but that was too easy and cheap for me to do. I had to spend more money, do it the hard way, and lose just a bit of blood in the process.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you can find any of the god awful Navy Arms made in Brazil .32 RF ammo, do yourself a favor and relube the projectiles before you even attempt to fire the junk. They did make it in both .32 Short and .32 Long RF versions; the only type I have tried is the long, and I was not impressed at all.

If I were to rechamber mine, it would be to .32 S&W Long. Reason being Frank DeHass, Mr. Singleshot, didn't recommend the No. 2 for high velocity loads in .32-20. I will take his word for the strength of the action.

I do wish some one would make the occasional run of obsolete rim fire ammo. It would put a lot of guns back into service.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Actually Aguila, CBC, CIL and some others would make the rimfire ammo, but it requires a minimum quantity purchase first. Someone has to place an order for it. Navy Arms did it way back then with a big order for the ammo. They still have their manufacturing tooling for them. The gotcha is whether enough people would buy the rimfire ammo or not to make it worthwhile to do.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-25-2021 at 11:18 PM. Reason: add more info

Boolit Master

Look up seller "tenmile" on gunbroker. He sells reloadable 32 rimfire cases and heel bullets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    If you can find any of the god awful Navy Arms made in Brazil .32 RF ammo, do yourself a favor and relube the projectiles before you even attempt to fire the junk. They did make it in both .32 Short and .32 Long RF versions; the only type I have tried is the long, and I was not impressed at all.

If I were to rechamber mine, it would be to .32 S&W Long. Reason being Frank DeHass, Mr. Singleshot, didn't recommend the No. 2 for high velocity loads in .32-20. I will take his word for the strength of the action.

I do wish some one would make the occasional run of obsolete rim fire ammo. It would put a lot of guns back into service.

Robert
    You'd need a center-fire breach block, but .32 Colt Long & Short have the same dimensions as .32 long RF & Short RF. Also equivalent ballistics.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes sir, and that is what I have for mine. I've got a few hundred Short Colt cases and almost a full box of Long Colt.

In all reality, that is enough for one single shot rifle; but I wouldn't say no to another few hundred cases, just to be sure. Who knows, I might find another .32 that needs fed.

Robert

Here's one of Jack Harrison's current listings:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901401889

Good quality. I haven't even bothered to buy my own mould.
    Cognitive Dissident