WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Accurate #5

Boolit Master

Accurate #5

I was just gifted a pound of Accurate no.5 powder. Says on the bottle it's a pistol powder but I am having a very hard time finding listed load data. Any fans or users of it out there willing to share info.

Boolit Master
    great stuff, very versatile for wide range of handgun calibers.
    you should or it used to be very easy to download handload guide directly from western powders web site
    Last edited by farmbif; 05-23-2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: recorrect auto correct

Boolit Buddy

You need to download the load data book.
    https://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, plenty of load data on line. AA5 was first produced in Israel for the 9mm Luger round. It is a little slower than Unique but has the same applications. If you try and use less than a full charge, you will get unburned power and erratic results. When used at full charge, it will burn clean and give excellent results. I am talking handguns here, have never used it for rifle cast bullet loads and I don't think I would.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I've loaded lots of .38 Spec. and 9mm Luger ammo with No.5. Good stuff. It's been my experience that load information is easy to find, especially in Lee's Modern Reloading #2 and the more recent Speer manuals.

DG

I have used this powder in the past for 9mm ,45acp and 38 special . No.5 is a very good powder.

Boolit Master

Thanks guys. I wasn't using an old enough manual. Found lots of data in my Hornady fourth edition and Nosler number four.

Moderator Emeritus

AA5 is a dense powder, and is handy for loading heavy for cartridge boolits in cartridges with limited case capacity.
    My favorite use is for 40S&W with 190gr or heavier boolits. I have swaged 40 cal projectiles with brass jacket (scrap 9mm case) and lead core. My 40 cal HP swage dies (using a 9mm case for a jacket) made a nice 193gr projectile, but since brass is lighter than Lead, it made for a long bullet, reducing case capacity even more. But the Dense AA5 was just the ticket for that application.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001