Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The most expensive new pickup I've ever seen...

Boolit Master

The most expensive new pickup I've ever seen...

Was checking the local dealer for good deals (none) and came across this thing. I'm usually up on the latest super-cool pickups, but I believe the Ram TRX is just their version of a Ford F150 Raptor.

Attachment 283346

No idea why they think it is worth $91k.

But it is now officially the most expensive new factory pickup I've ever seen at a dealer. Yes, there have been some weird AMG and Holden creations for much more, but this is different. It's a Dodge. And stock. And for fun, I worked out the payments for it at 6 years at 2% with $6000 down, and it was only $1485 a month.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

The one for sale is apparently a "Launch Edition" which means it is one of the first ones made and has a Hellcat motor with 702hp. Still, not sure why anyone would pay $90k for a Dodge pickup designed for going fast in the desert and that's it.

Attachment 283349
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I’ve seen some ads for that and they are making a big deal about it being nicer than the Raptor (guy out on his lawn trying to sell his raptor so he can buy a TRX and no one around to buy it).

I’m a fan of trucks in general and my F150 was old enough to drink when I finally let it go but I can fathom the prices they’re asking for trucks these days, especially the “play” modes like this that aren’t really built as work horses (you know, what a truck is meant for).

Can’t imagine paying $70k for a Raptor and definitely can’t fathom paying $90k for a TRX just to look cool. Pay half that and buy a workhorse and make it earn its price tag.

Boolit Grand Master

[COLOR="#EE82EE"]At that price How could you justify a load of gravel,feed dirt or to use it like a truck was meant to be used /COLOR]. At this you wouldnt want to take it in the fields hunting or most of the things.

I can remember when trucks were what you drove when you had to have one or couldn't afford a car. Now they have become a status symbol, and priced out of range of the ones needing them

Boolit Grand Master
    My friend bought a Raptor about 3 years ago...$72k. He has a dealer that will give him $60k for it. He is buying a TRX...think it is coming in at $88k.

These are not for average Joe's. And right now, inventories are so low I doubt there are any deals on either the high end stuff or the "normal" trucks we might be able to afford.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My friend bought a Raptor about 3 years ago...$72k. He has a dealer that will give him $60k for it. He is buying a TRX...think it is coming in at $88k.

These are not for average Joe's. And right now, inventories are so low I doubt there are any deals on either the high end stuff or the "normal" trucks we might be able to afford.
    Average income for my area is around $35k a year. The average home price is over $300k.

I'm doing pretty good for a single guy in my area, but I can't afford a $700 truck payment and a $2000 house payment. Add insurance for both and that's my entire month's income pretty much.

I used to try and keep my auto payments at or below my VA disability payment of $330 a month, so I could say Uncle Sam is buying me a new vehicle for me getting hurt. But you can't get much for $300 a month these days.

It's pretty much the old saying, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer" these days. Been happening for a couple of decades at least, and it's getting worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    The one for sale is apparently a "Launch Edition" which means it is one of the first ones made and has a Hellcat motor with 702hp. Still, not sure why anyone would pay $90k for a Dodge pickup designed for going fast in the desert and that's it.

Attachment 283349
    Look up "Dodge" in the dictionary....it says: "To avoid"....LOL

Boolit Grand Master

I've seen them over $80,000 but those were one ton duellys. These raptor and Dodge things aren't for the likes of us..

You going to spend $90,000 on one of these and use it to get a 1,000lb bag of sand or haul firewood? I don't think so
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    One of the you-tube channels I follow drove a new TRX. It is a series off road truck. Frame is reinforced, series off road shocks etc. It is seriously fast. His comment was that unlike a Demon or Hellcat which just spin the tires and produce tire smoke, when you launch it hard, it hooks up and goes.

Not even if I won a mega lottery would I pay that price for my needs in a pickup truck. I've spent the majority of my 67 years in a rural area. If one truly needs a pickup, match it to your needs. I can see the need for a heavy duty truck, and I can see the need for one on the opposite end of the spectrum as well. Choose wisely, over the course of time it will save you untold $1000's in trying to impress others. Just my 2 cents worth.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Super Moderator

I'd never buy one, but it looks like it would be really fun to take out for a test drive.

Boolit Master
    They’ll sell everyone they make. The market is the metrosexual male in the big cities. He makes big money, and can afford to waste it.

Moderator Emeritus

These are for the guy with to much money who wants to impress people by drag racing against sports cars. The city slicker who will never haul more than groceries or a case of beer...

Boolit Master

Cheese and rice….first new truck I bought was a 1975 Ford F-150 4WD, 360 V8 (juuuuunnnkkkk…) auto trans etc…..$4500 out the door.

The $90K truck posted costs more than our first home…..

Art

PS —- I bet it’s a fun truck though….
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

I am a Dodge Ram Fan-Boy. I drive a 1995 Ram 1500 4X4 with only 16000 miles on it. It is just now getting Broke-in. Yes I often Salivate at the New Dodges, Just don't have the Budget for one, let alone 300K for one even if I won Megamillions as the sole winner.

I do believe these are not production, at all, but I saw a truly huge Ford PU last week in a car warehouse. It said F-950 on the front fender, was built on a Cummings Diesel Tractor (like tractor trailer) chassis had tractor trailer split rims and stairs to get into the cab. Not a jacked up, big wheel job, a huge scale pickup truck. It was a duly, painted fire engine red. The owner said it is the biggest PU ever made. It is part of his Ford car collection.
    I live in the country, out and away. Drive a PU all the time, crew cab, and have fun in the old little spaces parking lots. First thing I thought to myself was, bet that would be fun in a parking lot.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post

It's pretty much the old saying, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer" these days. Been happening for a couple of decades at least, and it's getting worse and worse.
    It's all by design to get that monthly federal payment that is coming soon. Everyone is going to be getting welfare checks every month

Boolit Grand Master
    I would buy one if I had a ton of money. I love trucks so why not have the best if I could afford to.

My buddy has a net worth well north of $10 million. He worked hard so why shouldn’t he get want he wants. He has a $350k boat...and that is just nuts IMO. Guys like us can not fathom the lifestyle of those way above our means. BTW, he is a great person in spite of his wealth.

Whining about stuff like this is not constructive. My last truck was $19k used and had been great. I am not entitled to buying a new truck.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    No thanks,too rich for my blood. Have a 2006 that was made for the 2007 market. GMC Sierra. 28,000 miles on the clock. Like one poster said, just broken in. Don't hesitate to throw wood in the bed or anything else. Frank

It's just money fellas. Some boys just like and can afford bigger toys. No different than a new gun or boolit mold. It doesn't have to make sense when it comes to fun and enjoyment. If you have it and you can't take it with you and fast trucks are your jam then why not?

I don't want one, but I get it. I certainly waste my fair share on things others find to be crazy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast